Sign in to follow this  
Adamobunshin

Smokin' Aces

Alright, I was going to be first in line to see this movie last night, but after reading all the reviews I changed my mind and went to see Children Of Men (awesome movie) instead. I usually don't let reviews stop me from seeing a movie, but it seems like everyone is saying that it's terrible. I read some posts in this section that said it was good..... Is it worth seeing?

Yes. Go now or be eaten.

By tigers.

the funny this, sparq just messaged me the same thing a minute ago

Seriously, it's a goddamn Tiger Apocalypse and y'all better take my advice.

Or be eaten.

Did I mention you'd be eaten by tigers?

I guess I did.

Good.

you see it or I'll kick Rock Lee's ASS! (I think thats how it is spelled right?)

my friend likes Naruto and Rock Lee is his favorite. Thats the only reason I know who he is. Only Anime I watch is Death Note.

Yeah, mine too. I've gotta download the new one. My friend read all the Manga and he's pissed because he wants to watch new episodes more than just once a week.

The new episode was great, as usual. I have all the manga but I refuse to read it for that same reason. I'd rather watch the show without knowing what's going to happen.

Have you watched the live action movie yet?

Edited by Adamobunshin

I know what you mean. I have a graphic novel sitting on a shelf in my room but it refuse to read it because there is a movie based on that graphic novel that is coming out the weekend before my birthday and I'm waiting to see the movie (which looks amazing! click here and pick a trailer

I don't even have to look at the link to know what it is. My birthday's in March too. My friend got me the graphic novel for christmas. It's actually pretty funny because I read it while listening to the Death Note soundtrack.

yeah, well 300 is one of the movies I'm most looking forward to this year (along with Spider-Man 3 and (up until yesterday) Smokin Aces (which is what this thread is all about in the first place right?)

I'd say, especially after reading the novel, 300 is definently going to be one of the best movies of the year. So back on subject, you don't think Smokin' Aces dissapointed at all?

I'll be honest with you? I went into this movie with high hopes... and I personally thought this movie was SO MUCH better than I was expecting it to be. Sure, I figured out a major plot twist kinda early on in the movie but I really didn't mind. I stand by my rating of 10/10. there wasn't a single thing I disliked about this movie

That settles it, I'll see it tomarrow. I probably should have just watched it last night, but I'm glad I got to see children of men.

yeah, CoM is easily one of the best movies I've ever seen. but now... I must go to sleep. fare thee well.

...I figured out a major plot twist kinda early...

Yeah, it was a little obvious....but it didn't really detract from the movie as far as I'm concerned.

god damn tigers, get the hell out of my room, the next movie doesnt start for another hour and a half.

I want to grab the Cliff Mansell song from near the end, when Ryan Reynolds is in the hospital, but i'm pretty sure it's not "shell shocked" or "FBI", the two Cliff Mansell tunes that appear on the OST. I guess i should wait to rip it from the DVD?

Guest jsunC

To me it really doesn't look like a movie worth seeing

And it's been getting so bad reviews that there's no way I'm paying to go and see it. Maybe I'll burn it.

I don't get why this movie is getting such shitty reviews. I saw it and thought it was amazing, AND for the second half of the movie, I was distracted by the fact that my girlfriend was literally a missing person. But it was so good, I still enjoyed it and waited until it was over until I went into panic mode, which in hindsight is pretty terrible. Anyway, my theory for why critics are giving this movie hell is because first it was compared to Pump Fiction, which is stupid, it's nothing like it, and second, critics are starting to realize that Pulp Fiction wasn't THAT good. That's a whole other rant, but I think it's starting to make critics defensive about perfectly good movies that they still see the need to compare it to.

Yeah.

Edit:

SPOILER (Highlight to View)
The small scene where Ray Liota and the other guy shoot eachother in the elevator was one of the best short but sweet moments in all of cinema.
Edited by The_Rat_Who_Would_be_King