Crusader

Mooninites Stir Up Boston

aqua teen hunger force, number one in boston g

i wonder if this will be in an episode?

edit: i wonder if i could get one of those lights...

Edited by garsk

the democrat in charge of that district seems to live by that rule. he's the same guy who ordered the FBI to arrest a compsci student who decoded the WestJet(?) boarding pass alogrithm. Now he goes and has 2 guys arrested for doing their job at an advertising agency. well i guess they are the equivalent of the cons here.

since when is a lite-brite a device used to cause panic/chaos?

I love how the media is dubbing this all as a "hoax"

This is not a hoax! A kid calls in a fake bomb threat to school so that he gets the rest of the days classes cancelled and is made to look like a hero to his fellow students, THAT is a hoax! This, this is a misunderstanding that borders on a pretty serious level of paranoia. Boston has to feel stupid now though seing as how there are 10 cities that have these mooninite things up and they're the only place that freaked out. another funny tidbit, they're been up apparently for two or three weeks now, you'd think they just popped up over night or something!

My sister saw an episode of this either yesterday or today and said there was a lengthy apology before the show started. What the hell are they apologizing for? A stupid government.

Turner Broadcasting is expected to issue an apology for causing today's series of bomb scares throughout Boston. A statement emailed to the Globe from Turner Broadcasting said: "The 'packages' in question are magnetic lights that pose no danger. They are part of an outdoor marketing campaign in 10 cities in support of Adult Swim's animated television show Aqua Teen Hunger Force. They have been in place for two to three weeks in Boston, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle, Portland, Austin, San Francisco, and Philadelphia. Parent company Turner Broadcasting is in contact with local and federal law enforcement on the exact locations of the billboards. We regret that they were mistakenly thought to pose any danger."
Edited by soundless_space

Okay....Let's call it what it is...

The Mayor of Boston (affectionately known as Mayor Mumbles) is as retarded as he sounds. They're screaming about the 750,000 it cost to deal with this thing.

Street Team/Guerilla marketing is here to stay...shit like this is the norm now. To avoid looking like an ass any further...the Mayor should let these guys go, laugh it up...and let it go. Only a dumbshit would push this any further when the other cities did not. Also publicizing the fact that this was so easy to set up and leave unnoticed by civilian authorities, is like saying hey terrorists...we're idiots, here's how to get us without us even noticing. Dumb fucking morons. Fuck this, I'm moving to Canada