In Case any one is interested and hasn't heard yet, Silverchair's long awaited new album will be available this March. Their first release can be seen and heard at myspace. I've always thought these guys are great, but if you weren't a fan before, check out their new stuff; I find their music has evolved drastically from album to album, so there's always something new and interesting.

I used to listen to Silverchair a lot when I was in high school but I sort of lost interest after Diorama came out because I couldn't connect with it. This song is... interesting. I'll check out the new album when it comes out, I haven't given up hope on this band just yet.

No I love Diorama! I think it's their best stuff yet!

I've been looking forward to this since they announced they were going into the studio last year. This new song is really growing on me too!

Edited by Prosis

Yeah, and to think they were only 15 when Frogstomp came out. When you listen to their albums in order, you can hear how they grew up from teenagers to adults. I personally like Neon Ballroom the best, I can appreciate the progress made in Diorama musically and all, but on a personal level, I just never connected with it.

I loved every one of their albums, including Diorama. The band has changed enormously from Frogstomp to Diorama, but Daniel's song writing skills have never ceased to amaze me.

Same here, and he keeps getting better and better at it...plus, he's a killer guitar player...have you seen Live From Faraway Stables? Absolutely great!

I don't think they're capable of making a bad album. they're just pure talent and they've been my fav ever since frogstomp.

my only criticism would be that sometime around the diorama era daniel started to drastically change his singing style, and ever since then he's had trouble singing his new songs aswell as the older stuff because he keeps trying to get more technical. It's good to put a new twist on old songs, and it's good to be ambitious about your singing, but he's become so eccentric that he's simply not hitting the right notes and it sounds bad live. sometimes it sounds as though he's just inventing a new way of singing the song on the spot because he's bored. hopefully this is just a phase he'll pass through

one of the things that made their first albums so great is is that they could play every song perfectly live.

Without You was the first song written that's on diorama. it was written around the neon ballroom era, that's why it's so different from the rest of the album, and I think it's also the reason why it seems to be everyones favorite song from diorama. it's an amazing song

Edited by heyrabbit

Guest Prosis

So Young Modern is a bad record...it's got its moments but all in all, it's bad. Plus, Daniel Johns tries to put a funny effect in his voice which does get annoying after a while.

1-Young Modern Station: Not bad, feels a little like the current rock trend with fast drums and 80ish.

2-Straight Lines: Disapointing at first but catchy as hell. Again not bad.

3-If You Keep Losing Sleep: Very Lennon/McCartney opus/circus-ish. Great orchestra in the back. Good song.

4-Reflexions of a Sound: Good track, very Dissociatives. One of the best on the record. Again, very late 60's Beatles Balladesque

5-Those Thieving Birds: For those who know Diorama, this is Young Modern's Tuna In The Brine. It's a very good song, very long but not in a bad way. It's a bit of a song that you don't know where it's going.

6-The Man That Knew Too Much: Very bad song. It's sounds like a bad late eighties early nineties song. Not even acceptable for that era.

7-Waiting All Day: In the same vein as the first song but not as good. It's still not bad but after a while becomes a bit redundant and boring.

8-Mind Reader: It tries really hard to be a moving 70's rock songs but unfortunately fails miserably. Not good at all.

9-Low: George Harrison or John Lennon could've written the melody. It's not a bad song but feels old and unoriginal. All in all not bad and catchy.

10-Insomnia: The band tries to mix their new style with their old. The stomping piano becomes annoying and the song too.

11-All Accross The World: Again the McCartney vide is there. But not in a completely bad way. It's a pretty good song but a bit disconcerting.

Disapointing as hell. I'm all for new styles but I think they tried the wrong one. That was my opinion and, as they say, everyone has my own opinion.

Guest Prosis

I can't say where

So you'll have to look around

Oh how I wish I could tell you

Help is something I long to give you

Understand that I'm not sure it's legal

No one ever told me

Take a look around

d

o

t

Countries differ with these sort of law