Matt

Sam Roberts Band The New Matthew Good Band?

They would be if they didn't suck.  Shitty vocals, lame lyrics, basic rock sound, no growth between albums, one or two catchy tunes.

They don't deserve attention anywhere else. 

YOU THOUGHT WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Do you hate everything that people like music wise?

I really like Sam Roberts Band, they are super good live, and just a fun old time rock and roll band. Some of my favorite lyrics come from Sam Roberts, his voice can be annoying at times, but I can live with that.

So Shade, I think you thought wrong, and should be more open minded.

EDIT:They seem to have a rather large following in Buffalo NY as well, where I am from, because we are a border town.

Edited by Audio of Being

since when is band on the end of sam roberts? either way, poop!

The name of the band actually is the Sam Roberts Band, the albums though are released under Sam Roberts name. But basically, it is a band, they changed the website from samrobertsmusic.com to samrobertsband.com quite awhile ago actually. Also, Sam Roberts refuses to take photos without the band.

Also, the comparison was more just in how both got so much attention here, but can't seem to get nearly as much outside of Canada.

I seem to remember seeing a Chart or some other magazine with the band on the cover. I recall that they all had nearly identical dirty hippy beards, and suspect that the band is comprised of clones based on his DNA.

If anyone would like to hear the Sam Roberts song where the "Dirty Water" Sam Roberts part lyrics in the K-OS song comes from, the Sam Roberts Band have posted "Got Soul But No Money" on their myspace site for this weeks edition of "Digging Through The Vaults", http://www.myspace.com/samrobertsband.

Edited by Matt