Matt

What Are You Reading?

I didn't want to put this in the Good Books thread since "What are you reading" type responses don't necessarily imply that books are good.

Anyways, I may as well put my reading list for the last couple months up, and I'll try to update it every so often...

-The World of Karl Pilkington

Words by Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant, & Karl Pilkington

*Basically, it's the transcripts from "The Ricky Gervais Show" podcasts. I actually quite enjoyed them myself, I have never heard the actual podcasts though.

-The Office: The Scripts series 1

By Ricky Gervais & Stephen Merchant

*It's just the first season of scripts for the BBC series, "The Office". It was just something to read to see how similar they are to the show.

-The Office: The Scripts series 2

*It's bascially the same as the first one, except, this time it's season two of the BBC series.

-Nineteen Eighty-Four

By George Orwell

*His infamous novel in a society where everyone is watched all the time. I enjoyed this one, but I was left with a little disappointment with the ending.

the last book i started to read was "visions of cody" by kerouac. i never finished. i started to read it, then started working my stupid jerk job, and didn't feel like reading anymore. i'll finish it some day. "a face just covers a skull a while. stretch your skull cover and smile". that line hit me like a punch in the mouth. i took that away from it, even if i never finished the book.

edit: i loved the ending of 1984. that's half the reason i love the book.

Edited by 13chris13

I'll need to just give you a list of the stack of books I'm waiting to read but haven't yet:

-The last 50 pages of The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

-The Religion War (Scott Adams)

-Hagakure: The Book of The Samurai (Yamamoto Tsunetomo)

-2/3 of Introducing Nietzsche (Laurence Gane)

the blind watchmaker - richard dawkins (not quite done yet but it's my fav book of all time. the meaning of life.)

end of faith - sam harris (makes a near flawless case against religion and explains the dangers it poses to society. probably the best book of it's kind along with The god Delusion )

House full of Mirrors (jimi hendrix biography). So far it's lacking for some reason, I'm not sure why. it seems like there's too much information and he's trying to summarize it and cram it all in the book.

I'll need to just give you a list of the stack of books I'm waiting to read but haven't yet:

-The last 50 pages of The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

You know, I just started reading that book last night, and it's so good so far. I never saw the movie, but I hear it has Martin Freeman (Tim Canterbury on BBC's Office), and he's incredibly witty on the stuff I've seen him in, which isn't much. So, now that I've read the book a little bit, I might give the movie a try once I'm done because it could work...

I really want to get the World of Karl Pilkington. The podcasts are among the funniest things i've ever heard.

I'm currently reading Maus, the graphic novel by Art Spiegelman, and butt loads of other stuff for school. Over the reading week I plan to make room for and start Lunar Park or The Informers by Bret Easton Ellis, as well as take back to school with me a book of short stories by Philip K. Dick and Book of Mercy, I think, by Leonard Cohen. Once I'm free from school I plan to try my hand at Nietzsche.

-The World of Karl Pilkington

Words by Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant, & Karl Pilkington

*Basically, it's the transcripts from "The Ricky Gervais Show" podcasts. I actually quite enjoyed them myself, I have never heard the actual podcasts though.

-The Office: The Scripts series 1

*It's just the first season of scripts for the BBC series, "The Office". It was just something to read to see how similar they are to the show.

-The Office: The Scripts series 2

*It's bascially the same as the first one, except, this time it's season two of the BBC series.

-Nineteen Eighty-Four

By George Orwell

*His infamous novel in a society where everyone is watched all the time. I enjoyed this one, but I was left with a little disappointment with the ending.

-The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy

By Douglas Adams

*Another well known novel. It's actually pretty humourous. I quite enjoyed the little pot shots it took at humans as well.

I've finished reading "Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy" now, and I've started reading the sequel "The Restaurant at The End of The Universe".

Edited by Matt

I've finished reading "Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy" now, and I've started reading the sequel "The Restaurant at The End of The Universe".

I probaly should have mentioned that the one I am reading is the full compilation...the "Trilogy in Five Parts"

I probaly should have mentioned that the one I am reading is the full compilation...the "Trilogy in Five Parts"

I am too, I am now reading "The Restaurant at The End of The Universe" as well now...

it's really hard for me to find fiction books that i enjoy. I can't stand political thrillers, anything suspense/mystery orientated, anything sci fi. most books seem to contrived to me, which of course they are. suggestions would be appreciated

"Martin Dressler: The Tale of An American Dreamer". A bit of a slow start, but it portrays a man's relationships in an interesting way. It presents it all in a very subtle way, which is something I like. It's not a political thriller, or suspense/mystery oriented, or sci-fi.

I am too, I am now reading "The Restaurant at The End of The Universe" as well now...

i've never read either, but i love the movie adaptation of the first one. i hope they make a movie out of the second one, with the same cast (if the same characters are in the second one).

I'm almost finished reading George RR Martin's "A Feast for Crows".

Excellent book in an excellent series. Possibly the best fantasy series I've ever read.

ahhhhhh! i'm re-reading the series right now and i'm on a clash of kings. I LOVE THOSE BOOKS. seriously, i think they might be the best books ever written.

Edited by mrs jesus