Matt

What Are You Reading?

Bumping this thread because I have read a few great books in the past few weeks.

For those of you who like humor in books I suggest The Gates by John Connolly. Very simply put Satan uses the power of the Large Hadron Collider, and the dumbness of 4 people to open up the Gates of Hell on Earth.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

Seriously.

They're making this into a movie with Natalie Portman. I shit you not.

Staying on topic, I'm reading American Psycho and I don't know what to make of it. I read it in spurts and then have to stop, but I keep coming back for more. I've already seen the movie so I'm kinda glad I know what I'm working towards, but I still wonder if I would finish it if I had not seen the movie.

Next in the pile - either the Shock Doctrine (yes, I know. It's old news now.) or The Odyssey, although I feel like I should read The Illiad first now...

Still Life With Woodpecker by Tom Robbins.

it's a great read. well worth your time.

I LOVE THAT BOOK. i just re-read it a couple of weeks ago. fucking tom robbins. no one can write like that man. he's awesome.

Does anyone know of some good Historical Fiction authors?

i've been reading the shit out of diana gabaldon. she writes historical fiction. you have to suspend disbelief a lot of the time and there's a lot of non-graphic sex and sometimes you might want to punch the characters in the face 'cause they be all actin' a fool and shit but i mean, it's historical fiction.

I've heard of her, I will give her a read as well. Thanks Mrs. Jesus.

I'm reading WEB Griffin's "Retreat Hell" I love his stuff, it looks like his son is taking over soon, and it appears his father has taught him well.

As for Patterson, it's the twists he hides in the simplicity that make it so good.

Edited by bishopx