Matt

What Are You Reading?

-The World of Karl Pilkington

Words by Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant, & Karl Pilkington

*Basically, it's the transcripts from "The Ricky Gervais Show" podcasts. I actually quite enjoyed them myself, I have never heard the actual podcasts though.

-The Office: The Scripts series 1

By Ricky Gervais & Stephen Merchant

*It's just the first season of scripts for the BBC series, "The Office". It was just something to read to see how similar they are to the show.

-The Office: The Scripts series 2

*It's bascially the same as the first one, except, this time it's season two of the BBC series.

-Nineteen Eighty-Four

By George Orwell

*His infamous novel in a society where everyone is watched all the time. I enjoyed this one, but I was left with a little disappointment with the ending.

-The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy

By Douglas Adams

*Another well known novel. It's actually pretty humourous. I quite enjoyed the little pot shots it took at humans as well.

-The Restaurant At The End of The Universe

By Douglas Adams

*It was pretty good, but this book feels like an inbetween book, so I'm interested in seeing how the third book plays out.

I'm about to start reading "Life, The Universe, and Everything" by Douglas Adams.

Edited by Matt

I'm almost finished reading George RR Martin's "A Feast for Crows".

Excellent book in an excellent series. Possibly the best fantasy series I've ever read.

ahhhhhh! i'm re-reading the series right now and i'm on a clash of kings. I LOVE THOSE BOOKS. seriously, i think they might be the best books ever written.

Just finished Feast for Crows

Can't wait for A Dance With Dragons!

*Basically, it's the transcripts from "The Ricky Gervais Show" podcasts. I actually quite enjoyed them myself, I have never heard the actual podcasts though.

*It's just the first season of scripts for the BBC series, "The Office". It was just something to read to see how similar they are to the show.

*It's bascially the same as the first one, except, this time it's season two of the BBC series.

-Nineteen Eighty-Four

By George Orwell

*His infamous novel in a society where everyone is watched all the time. I enjoyed this one, but I was left with a little disappointment with the ending.

By Douglas Adams

*Another well known novel. It's actually pretty humourous. I quite enjoyed the little pot shots it took at humans as well.

By Douglas Adams

*It was pretty good, but this book feels like an inbetween book, so I'm interested in seeing how the third book plays out.

-Life, The Universe, and Everything

By Douglas Adams

*This is a well done book, I think it's basically the one where they bring the first two together.

Next: "So Long and Thanks For All The Fish" by Douglas Adams.

Edited by Matt

I'm reading a book called "Die deutsche Literatur in Text und Darstellung. Romantik I und II", which covers all the Romantic movement in Germany during the XVIII and XIX centuries, my favorite period in the german literature

-Nineteen Eighty-Four

By George Orwell

By Douglas Adams

By Douglas Adams

-Life, The Universe, and Everything

By Douglas Adams

*This is a well done book, I think it's basically the one where they bring the first two together.

-So Long and Thanks For All The Fish

By Douglas Adams

*It's a good book, it's kind have the only piece of the story that wasn't finished off though...

I won't start reading "Mostly Harmless" by Adams quite so soon, but hopefully in the near future.

Edited by Matt

I'm about halfway through The Man Who Was Thursday now and thought I'd share a little bit, I really enjoy the writing style. It seems like something most members of the Bored would enjoy, as well.

"To the priest who says these men are the enemies of religion, to the judge who says these men are the enemies of law, to the fat parliamentarian who says these men are the enemies of order and public decency, to all these I will reply, 'You are false kings, but you are true prophets. I am come to destroy you, and to fulfill your prophecies."

I'm hoping of finishing that soon, but I'm at the point where I'm getting bogged down between work and school, so I'm taking a bit of a break from reading, hopefully, I'll be all caught up and ahead of the pack soon enough. I really would like to know how the series ends and I'm only one book away.

I'm almost finished reading George RR Martin's "A Feast for Crows".

Excellent book in an excellent series. Possibly the best fantasy series I've ever read.

ahhhhhh! i'm re-reading the series right now and i'm on a clash of kings. I LOVE THOSE BOOKS. seriously, i think they might be the best books ever written.

Just finished Feast for Crows

Can't wait for A Dance With Dragons!

i know. i fully expect to be infuriated by it like i was after reading a feast for crows.. but it's such a good, GOOD infuriation.