Matt

What Are You Reading?

How was it? It's next on my list. Right now I'm reading Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer but in a very slow speed.

That's how I read Everything is Illuminated. It was one of those books that I wanted to blow through because I liked it so much, but couldn't because I wanted it all to sink in.

currently reading Son of a Witch by Gregory Maguire.

That's how I read Everything is Illuminated. It was one of those books that I wanted to blow through because I liked it so much, but couldn't because I wanted it all to sink in.

currently reading Son of a Witch by Gregory Maguire.

how is it? i borrowed that from my sister months ago, but i wanted to re-read wicked before i started so it's still sitting there.

how is it? i borrowed that from my sister months ago, but i wanted to re-read wicked before i started so it's still sitting there.

I like Son of a Witch better than I like Wicked, and I like Wicked a lot. Maguire did a fabulous job of going back to his Oz and telling the story about what happened to Liir after Elphaba died.

Reading World War Z by Max Brooks

I just read "The Memory Keepers Daughter." It was really good. I can't remember the author, but it was really good. Now I"m reading a book called "Blindness" by Jose Saramago. The story seems really good, but I don't like the way he has written it. He seems not to like periods and loves run on sentences.

I'm reading "Variable Star" by Spider Robinson (based off Robert Heinlein's unwritten book). It's actually pretty good. The only book I've read in a few months that actually vividly put each sentence in my head, rather than "key events". It's funny, sad, tense, energetic, all in one...the author really found a way to express the suspense of some scenes, the humor of others.

Azalroth: I have a simular book I have yet to get through...the difference being my book centers on Monty Python. :angry: ;)

Right now, I'm going back and forth between Next by Michael Crichton, and Wonderful Tonight by Pattie Boyd.