shade

Pan's Labyrinth

Fuck, what an amazing movie.

Its in spanish with subtitles, lots of violence (adds a realistic edge to it). It was just amazing.

It's like a realistic fantasy. I can't think of one bad thing to say...

...well maybe they kind of over sexualized the girl at some parts, but nothing over the top...but whatever.

GO SEE THIS IN MY HONEST OPINION.

Edit: Fuck

Edited by shade

I hated this movie, but that's not entirely fair since I didn't even get through all of it. It set me off on an anti-fantasy tirade and antyhing without a bit of nostalgia attached too it was added to my hate list. I don't think an epic story, but the kind you would read or write as a kid, makes good movies. It was brilliantly directed, but that didn't stop it from being boring. For me, the violence really turned me off of it. Everything's going pretty much like you would expect of the Narnia, Bridge to Terabithia, countless other kids stories where real world child gets sucked into fantasy world special effects, and the real world bad guy is clearly set up as usual, then there's this graphic violence that doesn't fit with the film at all. If it was a fantasy movie aimed more at adults, beyond the short bursts of gore, it would be excusable. SO I just want to give a voice that goes against all the critics who for some reason loved this movie without really saying why.

I hated this movie, but that's not entirely fair since I didn't even get through all of it. It set me off on an anti-fantasy tirade and antyhing without a bit of nostalgia attached too it was added to my hate list. I don't think an epic story, but the kind you would read or write as a kid, makes good movies. It was brilliantly directed, but that didn't stop it from being boring. For me, the violence really turned me off of it. Everything's going pretty much like you would expect of the Narnia, Bridge to Terabithia, countless other kids stories where real world child gets sucked into fantasy world special effects, and the real world bad guy is clearly set up as usual, then there's this graphic violence that doesn't fit with the film at all. If it was a fantasy movie aimed more at adults, beyond the short bursts of gore, it would be excusable. SO I just want to give a voice that goes against all the critics who for some reason loved this movie without really saying why.

If you hate boredom, then why did you make this post?

I didn't say I hated boredom guy, so you fail. I'll take back that the movie was boring, since I couldn't sit through all of it, so it could have gotten more exciting and gotten something other than ambient forest and assorted house noises from the sound track, but I still didn't like it. And still don't hate boredom, some of my favourite movies are boring. But, I don't expect people to read my whole boring posts, so who's really to blame here?

That reminds me, does anyone remember in Shanghi Knights when Owen Wilson picks on the street orphan and makes fun of him for not having any parents? I found that strange.

Oh God, yes. That was the best part.

Found it on IMDB:

Roy: [to Charlie] Ever heard of parents? We have parents who love us. You don't, 'cause you're an orphan