Hyphnip

Queens Of The Stone Age

The Queens of the Stone Age crew have never been ones to offer up a lot of straight forward information without throwing in a lot of tongue-in-cheek humor. In that spirit, the band has posted a vague message on their MySpace page, which says that their next album will be called Era Vulgaris and that it's coming out in June.

Aside from that, the band posted some potential song titles - "Into the Hollow," "Sick, Sick, Sick," "Misfit Love" and "Battery Acid" - followed by the sentence, "Could be song titles, or could not."

I'm very very very happy about this news!

I saw them live when they were opening for Nine Inch Nails. Some guy in the crowd was trying to heckle them, and Josh flipped out and started totally bashing the guy. And Josh is like 500 feet tall, so he's a scary dude. It was crazy, I really hope that guy was drunk enough to forget the fact that an entire arena of people were laughing at him because Josh Homme had just told him to go sweep up some cocks.

I actually only got into QOTSA after seing them open for NIN back in November of 2005. Sure, I'd heard their singles on the radio but always just kind of wrote them off. Their preformance was apparently awful (according to the music critics here in Winnipeg but what do they know?) they also didn't play No One Knows (one reported said that he was surprised by that and surprised that no one called them out for an encore. what kind of opening band plays an encore?) I personally was amazed with the energy on stage. the stage setup was interesting and Josh Homme (as always) didn't pull any punches with idiots in the audience. I really can't wait for the new album and tour so I can go again.

I love these guys. Is anyone else with me in saying, "How to Handle a Rope" from their self titled is the shit? I sometimes listen to that song on repeat.

ME TOO. that one and if only. they get stuck in my head for DAYS.

oh and i am going to marry josh homme lol *swoon*

I actually only got into QOTSA after seing them open for NIN back in November of 2005. Sure, I'd heard their singles on the radio but always just kind of wrote them off. Their preformance was apparently awful (according to the music critics here in Winnipeg but what do they know?) they also didn't play No One Knows (one reported said that he was surprised by that and surprised that no one called them out for an encore. what kind of opening band plays an encore?) I personally was amazed with the energy on stage. the stage setup was interesting and Josh Homme (as always) didn't pull any punches with idiots in the audience. I really can't wait for the new album and tour so I can go again.

i thought they were awful. and they did play no one knows. it was evident that everyone around me was disinterested as well as they were looking at cellphones and looking at their watches waiting for it to end.

I saw them live when they were opening for Nine Inch Nails. Some guy in the crowd was trying to heckle them, and Josh flipped out and started totally bashing the guy. And Josh is like 500 feet tall, so he's a scary dude. It was crazy, I really hope that guy was drunk enough to forget the fact that an entire arena of people were laughing at him because Josh Homme had just told him to go sweep up some cocks.

Listen to Over the Years And Through The Woods Live CD, on it you will hear Josh bash some dude for heckling. Calling him a cocksmoker, and that if you see the heckler, just hand him a bag of dicks.

I am very excited that QOTSA is coming out with a new cd, its been way too long.

EDIT: Song For The Dead is the shit.

Edited by Audio of Being