goingtogeorgia

Nolan's New Batman

In case anyone hasn't heard, the sequel to Batman Begins is shaping up to be pretty effing awesome. The first Batman flick to not have Batman in the title, it's going to be called The Dark Knight. It will be the introduction of the Joker in this new Batman universe, and will follow the original story in the comics (as well as the one-shot Joker origin story "The Killing Joke" from like the eighties) very closely. It will be really different from Nicholson's Joker, in that it was never meant to be as much about the creepy smile and the laugh, but about his intense, crazy eyes. He's going to be played by Heath Ledger. I know, possible groans, but I have faith that he will be awesome.

And it's going to center on the Bat trying to take him down with the help of District Attorney Harvey Dent, pre-Two Face. They'll finally get him at the end of the flick, and the third film in the trilogy will be set about the trial, in which the Joker will splash acid on Dent's face, creating the dichotomous super-villain. Sounds pretty sweet.

Hey, possibly take this with a grain of salt, but it's what I've found out in reading about the movie and reading interviews.

will Christian Bale play batman again? He's an excellent actor but I really didn't like him as batman in the last movie, nor did I like the movie itself.

Heath ledger is as good a choice as any. Although he's an A-list celebrity, he's one of the better A-list actors, and his appearance is fairly versatile as is the character(joker) itself. The original joker was tall and lanky, right? No matter who they might have picked there would have been nay sayers, if only because Nicholson did such a great job.

I thought they'd already played out the "making of Two Face" in Batman (forever?). I guess I just don't remember.

Edited by heyrabbit

Firstly I actually love Christian Bale. If you really don't like him, try and find a copy of The Machinist. It's a flick he made a matter of months before Batman, and the script called for him to lose a lot of weight for the role of an insomniac depressive character. They asked him to get down to around 110 lbs or so, but by just not eating and chainsmoking for weeks he made it down to a grotesque 90 lbs. Like he's a serious effing actor, not just someone trying to be a celebrity. And of course, see him in The Prestige, another great Nolan flick.

And yeah, Bale is on board for the next two films. Vin Diesel as Two Face, I frigging hope not, ha. I've heard rumours that friend of Chris Nolan, Guy Pierce (Pearce? sp??) was in talks for it. He was in Nolan's second movie, Memento. He'd be great for it. You'll also remember him from L.A Confidential.

And yeah Batman Forever did establish Two Face, but see Nolan's movies are meant to be taken as a whole new series, and not tied in with the previous four, thank god. Don't get me wrong, the first two Tim Burton ones are awesome, but the second two were ungodly.

oh I like Christian bale, he might even be my favorite actor, but I just didn't like him as batman. American psycho is one of my favorite movies.

He plays a good bruce wayne, but his actual Batman performance wasn't as good as I'd hoped. his batman voice sounded too contrived. to me it came off as too obvious that he was trying to be batman instead of just being batman. I guess I think he 'over-acted'. Batman really doesn't have a lot of personality. there's really not a lot required of you to put on a good performance because batman is a mystery in costume, like a superhero in that respect . His suit covers most of his body and it's the the suit that makes him look badass ( just like robocop). After that it's just choreography. But I didn't like the new suit either, or the new bat mobile. That probably has more to do with my disliking the movie than Christian Bale

the new bat mobile just didn't seem to work, in my opinion. the galaxie and the caprice are signature batman, it's like taking the web away from spiderman. Batman is sleek and cool, not bumbling and militaristic.

Edited by heyrabbit

No truer words, friend, but I guess I just am always really forgiving when I know I like a director and actor. I mean the Batmobile I agree, shouldn't be militaristic, but I forgive it because that thing was effing badass. So cool. And Bale, yeah his voice was a little too dark, but from an interview I read he said that the cowl they had for him wasn't fitted properly, so any time he wore it he got intense intense migranes, so I think that's what made his voice be so pained and low and hoarse.

joker0tz.jpg

joker_1.jpg

the last one was painted as heath ledger. I think he'll be great

and I think the way they did the batmobile was awesome. it showed more realism that he didn't just build a batmobile in a week. they'll probably have a more traditional batmobile in this was since there is some time in between. and they made his voice like that because he was using the fear as a weapon. and disguising his voice. it was a way realistic aproach to it and the trilogy will be awesome

Edited by Shakakahn

From all I've heard and read, The Dark Knight is going to be damned good. I liked the first one...I appreciated the story beginning again. The first two Burton flicks were good, and the third flick would have been better, with a better script...Val was good...Clooney not so much. Ledger will make an awesome Joker...he really is a talented actor...The Four Feathers and Casanova, were fine displays of his ability...I'm truly looking forward to this.

I can't wait for this movie! It should be even better than Batman begins. Katie Holmes has been replaced with Maggie Gyllenhaal who will now be Rachel Dawes. I thought Katie Holmes was the weak link in the cast of Batman Begins and Maggie Gyllenhaal should do a way better job. Also, Harvey Dent/Two-Face will be played by Aaron Eckhart from Thank You For Smoking, and he will be awesome. TDK is shaping up to be super-good, can't wait.

I was pleased with the replacement of Katie Holmes...I have always found her very one dimensional...Maggie Gyllenhall, is much more talented, and emotive. That and she's the reason, I like to occasionally spank that ass.

I agree,totally...TDK is shaping up quite awesomely.

Edited by bishopx

I can't wait for this movie! It should be even better than Batman begins. Katie Holmes has been replaced with Maggie Gyllenhaal who will now be Rachel Dawes. I thought Katie Holmes was the weak link in the cast of Batman Begins and Maggie Gyllenhaal should do a way better job. Also, Harvey Dent/Two-Face will be played by Aaron Eckhart from Thank You For Smoking, and he will be awesome. TDK is shaping up to be super-good, can't wait.

this is horrible news. Katie Holmes was great. Maggie Gylenhaal creeps me out cuz she looks so much like her brother.

But i loved Batman Begins. Possibly the best super-hero comic-to-movie translation ever, maybe even better than Spider-Man.

Joker should have been played by Cripsin Glover. That dude is already crazy! And he wouldn't even need any make-up, he looks just like the joker! Plus he's a cool actor.

crispin glover pic

How on earth did you think Katie Holmes was good in that movie? She is such a one dimensional actor. She always does that stupid facial expression from when she was on Dawson's Creek. Uck.

this is horrible news. Katie Holmes was great. Maggie Gylenhaal creeps me out cuz she looks so much like her brother.

But i loved Batman Begins. Possibly the best super-hero comic-to-movie translation ever, maybe even better than Spider-Man.

Joker should have been played by Cripsin Glover. That dude is already crazy! And he wouldn't even need any make-up, he looks just like the joker! Plus he's a cool actor.

crispin glover pic

i could see crispin glover being a good joker... but in that picture, he sortof reminds me of the riddler a bit more. i think he'd make for an interesting villain, regardless of who he played.

as for the gyllenhaal/holmes debate... i didnt mind katie as rachel dawes... but i think maggie will bring a lot more... talent to the role. i think she's a much better actress. its interesting that they will have a reprising love-interest for batman, which is a first. no longer will he be like james bond, thank god.

im just overtly excited at the fact that theres an actual talented cast here, and that all the new roles are played by just as talented individuals. with other comic book flicks, you always have to worry about how things will end up. take spiderman for instance. kirsten dunst? blech. tobey mcguire? blech.