sodamntired

Support A Canadian Artist

This thread is about supporting Sam Roberts, create an hatefest thread somewhere else is the point. Beyond that I just get tired of all the negativity on the internet sometimes.

i think it's important to get both sides in a thread about music. the negative opinions counteract the positive ones and actually help a person make a more INFORMED decision on whether or not they'd like to check out said musician(s). it's not about hate so much as it's just about different opinions on the same subject.

i know i'm guilty of this, though being the hypocrite i am, i hate it when other people do it. i hate it when people just say that such and such an act is "gay" or "suck" instead of saying why they don't like them. i think sam roberts music is boring. he sounds like he's just sighing into the microphone. this is based on the singles i've heard. i don't have the interest to bother with an entire sam roberts album. he can sigh off into history for all i care.

i know i'm guilty of this, though being the hypocrite i am, i hate it when other people do it. i hate it when people just say that such and such an act is "gay" or "suck" instead of saying why they don't like them. i think sam roberts music is boring. he sounds like he's just sighing into the microphone. this is based on the singles i've heard. i don't have the interest to bother with an entire sam roberts album. he can sigh off into history for all i care.

i don't think people always have to have a REASON for not liking something, though. it could very simply be that you don't like the way a band sounds. maybe there's not a specific thing you don't like about them, you just don't like them. i think it's irritating when people expect you to EXPLAIN why you don't like something, as though if you don't explain it, you don't have a right to your opinion.

i don't mean an in depth analysis. i just mean something other than saying someone "sucks" or "is gay". even "i don't know why i don't like them/him/her" is better.

and sighing might be the wrong verb for sam roberts. more of a mumbly-sigh-kinda wish i was bob dylan thing.

Why can't people just check out a myspace page or a website, listen to a song or two and decide for themselves? It's not about making informed decisions, it's about having an opinion with music. The problem with music is there is already too much conformity because too many people listen to other people as opposed to just making their own minds up without outside opinions.