Hyphnip

The Simpsons Movie

I don't know, I'm pretty skeptical. It used to be a brilliant show. It seems like where they used to intelligently make subtle or overt references to literature or history or philosophy or film, now it just feels like they're milking pop culture bullshit and wrangling new celeberity flavour-of-the-week guest stars for each episode.

But then again, the "Rock" and "Hard Place" joke from the preview was worth a chuckle.

Edited by goingtogeorgia

I'm with you on that Rabbit. I still find them funny, but it's definitely not the same as before. I think the movie will be better than the show has been, lately.

They ran the Christmas episode last night, where one of the stories is the birth of Jesus...and Lisa as an Angel, has to stop Homer(Joseph from choking Jesus(Bart)because he turned wine into water. It reminded me of why I love the Simpsons. SO hell yes, I'll be in the theatre.

I LOVE the Simpsons (although i'm totally in love with "Futurama" these days...) and I can't wait for the movie to be released...

thanx for the trailer, Tim ;) I agree with you on the fact that it looks better than I expected

I guess since there are first times for everything, I also agree with heyrabbit here, except that I probably won't go out to see it. It's definitely been a stale show for the last few years, and that trailer doesn't make it seem like it's a significant step up.

They should've been like M*A*S*H, in that the cast noticed the show was in danger of getting tiresome and stale, so they chose to end it. Made a really good and big impression with the viewers.

but if all shows did that it'd suck. if people just cut and ran we never would've had the wrestling boom of the 90's and NWO or DX would mean nothing to us. another important thing to remember... if anyone cuts and runs... the terrorists win!

i laughed out loud at 'spider pig' when the preview showed before transformers.

spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does

hopefully that's not the highlight to the entire movie but i'll watch it anyway

Personaly i found the show to get better once they disregarded having a story line and just threw some dumb shit together. On a side note watching Homer and Spider Pig makes me laugh.

maybe thats cuz ur dumb!111 LOL!1111111