saturnine

[azn] mech warriors probably run on windows

what about the mech warrior shit? wait giant robots are japanese.

Meh. The japanese ones are alway winged and have swords and such. Huge mechanised ninjas. Battletech stuff was more...clunky. In a good way.

panel_features_gundam.gif

^ No.

jat-madcat.jpg

^ Yes

Anyway. The Mac-PC thing comes down to preference.Most of the reasons for choosing one over the other are fairly trivial to the general public. Try both. Use what works for you...and your wallet.

Edited by Sparq

what about the mech warrior shit? wait giant robots are japanese.

Meh. The japanese ones are alway winged and have swords and such. Huge mechanised ninjas. Battletech stuff was more...clunky. In a good way.

panel_features_gundam.gif

^ No.

jat-madcat.jpg

^ Yes

Anyway. The Mac-PC thing comes down to preference.Most of the reasons for choosing one over the other are fairly trivial to the general public. Try both. Use what works for you...and your wallet.

what's wrong with gundams?!

and timberwolf was a cool one.

what's wrong with gundams?!

and timberwolf was a cool one.

Too big, fast, and too agile to be believable. I have the same problem with Neon Genesis whatever the hell it is. And most other Anime robots I've seen. They violate the laws of physics. That, and I am more interested by something which presents the user with specific tactical limitations...IE, heat vs ammo consumption, speed vs armour, etc. Makes for a more interesting engagement, in game or book form. It's just closer to a believeable combat situation, which suits me just fine. More of a lumbering war machine than a gargantuan yet surprisingly light-footed suit of armor.

To be honest, I'm something of a Battletech geek (not to the tabletop gaming extent, mind you).

And yeah....TImber Wolf/Mad Cat is the one most people seem to recognise even if they don't know what it's from.

You best back off my Gauss rifle, son.

There's still inertia and mass in space. I recall seeing a scene, I think it was Neon Genesis, wherein a huge robot lifted a battleship out of the sea to shield itself from some missiles. Come ON. That ship would have torn ITSELF apart just being manhandled that quickly.

Also, Battletech has normal Ninjas and doesn't need big robot ones.

Edited by Sparq