Beth, have you heard the "Ribbons and Sugar" album by Gatsby's American Dream? I'm not a very big fan of the band overall, but I think the songs on that album are a lot more interesting than those on Volcano (disregard my opinions if you've already heard it and have your own.)

Ah, okay! In The Land of Lost Monsters was the first I heard of them. I still like it and R&S, but they lost me as a fan as a result of the singer's voice, the absence of anything fresh on their newest release, and their utter incompetence performing live. I can still listen to Why We Fight these days, but it's like hearing a completely different band.

Yes his voice can get quite annoying.

Why We Fight is completely different than anything else they've done. That was the last of all their albums I listened to and I couldn't believe how different it was. When I need a break from the whiny newer stuff, I listen to that one.

As for the "absense of something fresh on their newest release" I know what you mean. My brother was the one who introduced me to the band and he absolutely hates that CD.

Well, Why We Fight had a different drummer, I'm fairly certain. I think that after Ribbons & Sugar, all the members kind of branched out in different directions, which resulted in flashes of brilliance (Speaker for the Dead, Your Only Escape) among some really unmemorable tracks (A Mind Of Metal And Wheels, The Hunter.) I can't really comment on the new album because I can't make myself listen to it, haha.

then don't look at music as art.

That's my choice. If you'd like to kowtow to albums full of technically good Justin Timberlake songs, that your decision to make. ;)

i don't know where you keep pulling the 'technical' aspect from. i didn't mention that anywhere.

Alice In Chains - Every Album

dirt=hell yes

facelift=hell yes

unplugged (if you count it)=hell yes

the self titled had a stinker or two on it. jar of flies could have done without that whale and wasp instrumental. the live one was too hodge podge for me to like. it's been so long since i listened to sap the whole way through that i can't remember.

I'm listening to "Again" right now...it kicks ass...It really should have been a Jerry Cantrell solo album...Layne was pretty far gone, in the studio.

no fucking way. again wouldn't be what it is without layne, and besides that, he sounded just as good on that album as he did on any other. again could NEVER be a cantrell solo song. i suggest you look further into cantrell's solo work if you honestly think that.

I'm listening to "Again" right now...it kicks ass...It really should have been a Jerry Cantrell solo album...Layne was pretty far gone, in the studio.

no fucking way. again wouldn't be what it is without layne, and besides that, he sounded just as good on that album as he did on any other. again could NEVER be a cantrell solo song. i suggest you look further into cantrell's solo work if you honestly think that.

suck suck suck gulp