I'm listening to "Again" right now...it kicks ass...It really should have been a Jerry Cantrell solo album...Layne was pretty far gone, in the studio.

no fucking way. again wouldn't be what it is without layne, and besides that, he sounded just as good on that album as he did on any other. again could NEVER be a cantrell solo song. i suggest you look further into cantrell's solo work if you honestly think that.

suck suck suck gulp

pipe down, scamp.

I just meant that based on some comments made about the Album in general, that it seemed that Jerry Cantrell drove it a great deal. Believe me, Layne's vocals on that song, and the rest of the album rocked ass. It's why I miss his voice so much. I have listened to Jerry's stuff...I can see where there might have been an element of truth on how much he put into that album.

I just meant that based on some comments made about the Album in general, that it seemed that Jerry Cantrell drove it a great deal. Believe me, Layne's vocals on that song, and the rest of the album rocked ass. It's why I miss his voice so much. I have listened to Jerry's stuff...I can see where there might have been an element of truth on how much he put into that album.

but jerry didn't really 'drive' that album anymore than any of the other alice albums, save facelift. i'm talking vocally, anyway, since he wrote the bulk of MOST of the albums. i guess i just don't really understand what you're saying, because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Matthew Good Band - Raygun, Underdogs, Beautiful Midnight, Loser Anthems (Heard all these a billion times over, and will rarely skip a track. The first two-three years they were out, I didn't skip a single track)

But that's kind of a given, anyways.

Radiohead - OK Computer (Yes, I still don't skip Fitter Happier)

Isis - Oceanic

Bear Vs. Shark - Terrorhawk

jesu - s/t

Dillinger Escape Plan w/Mike Patton - Irony is a Dead Scene

The Locust - Safety Second, Body Last

(Admittedly, the last two are EPs, but whatever, they hold up amazingly well under repeated listens.)

I could add a bunch more where I loved almost every song, but if we're looking for stuff that coheres overall, that's my list.

Tom Waits - Rain Dogs gets honourable mention. For a 19 track album, I don't usually listen to 3-ish songs.

What schmuck would skip fitter happier? killer track.

Also, Irony is a Dead Scene is pretty fun (Pig Latin especially).

Also The Locust fucking own...new album soon.

Haha, I've seen Fitter Happier get bashed every now & then, alas.

Agreed on The Locust. Way-stoked for the new one. Pretty excited for a new DEP on the horizon, too.

Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here

Bob Dylan-Highway 61 Revisited and Blonde on Blonde

Nick Drake-Pink Moon

Bright Eyes-I'm Wide Awake It's Morning

Of Montreal-Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer?

Any Matthew Good or MGB