sodamntired

Geico Caveman Ads

I heard about this. It's too bad that the show is basically going to be one huge advertisement, but we'll all have to watch it just because everyone else we know will watch it and it'll be a topic of discussion, or something like that.

Problem is, when making a show or a movie, it never works when you're drawing from a source that doesn't have that much substance to it. It's the same reason why movies based on videogames aren't really any good. Besides, how tiresome would it be to watch episode upon episode of the cavemen being bothered by the Geico slogan in some form or another?

Problem is, when making a show or a movie, it never works when you're drawing from a source that doesn't have that much substance to it. It's the same reason why movies based on videogames aren't really any good. Besides, how tiresome would it be to watch episode upon episode of the cavemen being bothered by the Geico slogan in some form or another?

There are many video games that would make great movies if they'd stick to the actual story lines. Resident Evil is a perfect example of what NOT to do.

Problem is, when making a show or a movie, it never works when you're drawing from a source that doesn't have that much substance to it.  It's the same reason why movies based on videogames aren't really any good.  Besides, how tiresome would it be to watch episode upon episode of the cavemen being bothered by the Geico slogan in some form or another?

There are many video games that would make great movies if they'd stick to the actual story lines. Resident Evil is a perfect example of what NOT to do.

no no no, i love Resident Evil.

I think you meant to say

Super Mario Brothers or Street Fighter

Edited by sodamntired

Problem is, when making a show or a movie, it never works when you're drawing from a source that doesn't have that much substance to it.  It's the same reason why movies based on videogames aren't really any good.  Besides, how tiresome would it be to watch episode upon episode of the cavemen being bothered by the Geico slogan in some form or another?

Sure, some videogames have more substance than others, so I suppose some lend themselves better to making movies from, but it's rare and it's still probably not a good idea and something of a lose-lose situation. If you follow the plot of the game closely in a movie, then "if you've played the game, you've already seen the movie" so why bother watching the film at all? I liked the storyline of the Half-Life games, but I probably wouldn't want to see it as a movie if it was all just the same stuff happening, only in a somehow more cinematically-appropriate fashion.

At the same time, if the film deviates from the plot of the game excessively, then the people who would most likely see it (fans of the game) would be disappointed and complain that it was nothing like the game.

It would probably be even harder if you're basing a show or a movie on a commerical, because, a commerical is guaranteed to have little substance for basis, and you have to take a joke, a joke with the same exact theme mind you, and somehow build a season of 30-minute episodes focusing on it.