Crusader

Street Team

I'm too lazy to read this thread but i'm not too lazy to harrass fredericton.

once, kate and i had the fire department literally following our trail of harrassment down a street. we're good.

Has anyone thought to ask Matt what he thinks of all this?

He once stated he had a problem with video and audio bootlegging because it was presenting his work in a manner (or quality) beyond his control. I think if a street team is designed to help promote Matt and his work, then the best person to consult about any or all aspects of this would be Mr. Good himself.

To leave him out of the picture completely almost defeats the purpose of this entire undertaking.

Has anyone thought to ask Matt what he thinks of all this?

He once stated he had a problem with video and audio bootlegging because it was presenting his work in a manner (or quality) beyond his control. I think if a street team is designed to help promote Matt and his work, then the best person to consult about any or all aspects of this would be Mr. Good himself.

To leave him out of the picture completely almost defeats the purpose of this entire undertaking.

Most fansites don't have permission to even open. Does that defeat the purpose as well?

If MG doesn't want us to do it he has my e-mail. Also, what does bootlegging have to do with the street team?

Fansites are designed for people who are already fans.

Depending on how you choose to advertise Matt Good's music, it could end up hurting more than helping. I was more or less thinking that it might be helpful to let him know in case he had any input or ideas as to how the record he wrote, recorded, and produced almost entirely by himself should be promoted.

Of course you can do whatever you want and by no means are you obligated to get his permission... but I was under the impression that this street team was a substitute for the promotion that he won't be getting from Universal.

Being that the news of the street team has been up since the 1st of this month and I haven't received any sort of objection, I'm assuming that he has no reservations on the idea.

MG's always welcome to comment or add any of his ideas but we haven't even come up with a campaign ourselves. If you're worried about his image, we wouldn't do anything that would harm it. Any posters or flyers will be posted up on the site for everyone to see and critique before any of it goes out.

edit: it's also a bit presumptuous to assume that we'd be the primary source for advertising for this album. i imagine that our little campaign will only result in a few posters posted on university campuses anyway

It's all in preliminary stages right now but we did plan to send off an email to him for a "go or no go" before anything happened.

Anyway, I find it amusing that your IP matches the vandalism report on his wiki entry ;)

OK, so does anyone have any potential posters/artwork or anything? If so I can start pritning/posting them places!

I've been thinking of just taking some random pictures I have and then adding captions in Paint to promote the album (I don't have photoshop.)

OK, so does anyone have any potential posters/artwork or anything? If so I can start pritning/posting them places!

I've been thinking of just taking some random pictures I have and then adding captions in Paint to promote the album (I don't have photoshop.)

it would be useless now, a waste of time. We need to wait until at least we get a release date. I would only start adverstising a few weeks before the release at the earliest.