sodamntired

Favorite War Movie?

Schindler's List pwns Saving Private Ryan... The former actually says something....Saving Private Ryan is just another "lets glorify america" movie....does anybody honestly think German people are that evil/stupid?

Schindler's List pwns Saving Private Ryan... The former actually says something....Saving Private Ryan is just another "lets glorify america" movie....does anybody honestly think German people are that evil/stupid?

no, but when i watch a war movie, i wanna see shit blow up, not people waste away from hunger.

ps: i haven't seen shindler's list. does shit blow up?

I dunno, I just thought the character development was better in saving private ryan, if we're going to compare the two movies. that's just my opinion. maybe schindler's list is better overall, but I enjoyed Saving Private Ryan more. I can relate to it more. it wasn't as drab. granted, it waaas the holocaust, although the jews appeared more indifferent than despondent. that's seems to be how jews appear in every holocaust movie that I've seen. they take off their clothes as if they're seeing the doctor, not as if they're going to be shot. perhaps that's how it was in real life, although I doubt it. maybe that's something you just can't reenact. the cinematography was great, although I don't think it's that much better than saving private ryan. any movie made in black and white, with a holocaust storyline, is bound to earn extra brownie points with critics. it's moving regardless of how well the movie is made. that's not to say it wasn't well made, it's just that it's successful moreso becasue of the emotion of the viewer, not because it's otherwise a particularly great movie.

there's nothing more cliche than combat movies, but saving private ryan was still very effective. in that respect it's probably a better achievement than schindler's list.

Edited by heyrabbit

I dunno, I just thought the character development was better in saving private ryan, if we're going to compare the two movies. that's just my opinion. maybe schindler's list is better overall, but I enjoyed Saving Private Ryan more. I can relate to it more. it wasn't as drab. granted, it waaas the holocaust, although the jews appeared more indifferent than despondent. that's seems to be how jews appear in every holocaust movie that I've seen. they take off their clothes as if they're seeing the doctor, not as if they're going to be shot. perhaps that's how it was in real life, although I doubt it. maybe that's something you just can't reenact. the cinematography was great, although I don't think it's that much better than saving private ryan. any movie made in black and white, with a holocaust storyline, is bound to earn extra brownie points with critics. it's moving regardless of how well the movie is made. that's not to say it wasn't well made, it's just that it's successful moreso becasue of the emotion of the viewer, not because it's otherwise a particularly great movie.

there's nothing more cliche than combat movies, but saving private ryan was still very effective. in that respect it's probably a better achievement than schindler's list.

hmmmm, I can see what you're saying (and I haven't seen Schindler's List in a while)...I guess I'm just not a huge fan of the glorification of American's in War.

To each his own.

I am observant, and knowledgeable.

And yet you still think Donnie Darko is a great film.

Donnie Darko was a great film, you just misunderstood it. And, really, that's not the point of this thread.

I watched Battle Cry again...what a great movie.

I don't see it as glorification of anyone or anything. They're just movies that have a little history mixed in for entertainment.

Remember though, when wars are over it's usually the victors who get to write the history.

And if people get to say Lord of the Rings, I get to say Starship Troopers.

Another thing that is great that is Starship Troopers related-

Roughnecks: STC

Not a movie, but it was one of the best war animations ever.

Edited by silentshadow