from guitarworld:

Mar 16, 2007

Wes Borland Returns With New Group

Former Limp Bizkit guitarist Wes Borland, whose bizarre makeup and outfits and freaky contact lenses made him a frequent Guitar World photo subject in the Nineties, is taking on the role of frontman in his new group, Black Light Burns. The debut album from Black Light Burns, Cruel Melody, will be released on June 5 via producer Ross Robinson

before hooking up with bassist Danny Lohner (Nine Inch Nails) and drummer Josh Freese (A Perfect Circle) in proto-industrial powerhouse the Damning Well, whose crushing Underworld soundtrack contribution

Shit so am I. Can't wait to here it. I only had a passing interest in bizkit, mainly because of him.

my real beef with limp bizkit was that fred durst is such a douche and the lyrics were stupid. the rest of the band was okay, but ultimately i stopped listening due to the unavoidable douche-factor.

the live band sounds like its going to be really shitty, but i'll check out the album at least.

also, there's technically been a black light burns thread created already.... although it was made ages ago, so i dont blame you for not posting in it.

http://www.nearfantastica.com/bored/index....ack+light+burns

sorry. thought it was new news so i didn't look. and, yeah, i've never checked out any of his solo projects from after bizkit (like big dumb face), but i think i'll give this one a listen.

the live band sounds like its going to be really shitty, but i'll check out the album at least.

also, there's technically been a black light burns thread created already.... although it was made ages ago, so i dont blame you for not posting in it.

http://www.nearfantastica.com/bored/index....ack+light+burns

sorry. thought it was new news so i didn't look. and, yeah, i've never checked out any of his solo projects from after bizkit (like big dumb face), but i think i'll give this one a listen.

i was excited when, before he re-joined limp bizkit for that EP they made, he was with his brother and some other drummer dude... in a project called eat the day. i have some song clips of theirs, and i liked where it was going. too bad it never came to fruition, much like satty said.

Maybe in his later work...he does way too much. I just like how he comes up with decent beats (in some odd timings)..then adds different stuff every bar...a lot of subtle stuff.

Danny Lohner is like Trent jr.

I don't think this project will be that great. Call me crazy.

What has he done besides a his work on the underworld soundtrack? I haven't paid attention.

Edit: I liked his remix of bring me the disco king a lot.

Edited by shade

Maybe in his later work...he does way too much. I just like how he comes up with decent beats (in some odd timings)..then adds different stuff every bar...a lot of subtle stuff.

Danny Lohner is like Trent jr.

I don't think this project will be that great. Call me crazy.

yeah josh does a lot of work. i think he's been on every avril album, or at least the more recent ones. in those cases, i think his style isn't really all that present...