malarky

A Single Explosion

the guitar actually.

I can maybe hear that in the composition itself of the lead guitar, but the tonal difference is like night and day. Besides that, the part itself could be compared to almost any lead guitar layering in modern North American pop music, so I still don't understand why you chose The Killers.

Edit: And failing any agreement on any of that--you'll at least admit the key difference is that Matt Good is a talented singer and songwriter?

Edited by NotFromOklahoma

I am jumping on the Killers bandwagon too. I am not saying it's a rip-off, the tone in the guitar just reminds me of the one in "All These Things That I've Done" a bit. The composition and tempo are entirely different but the slight similarity is indeed there.

-Marc

Haha, fair enough. Do you have any connection to music beyond listening? You seem more engaged than someone who is just listening for fun.

I have a band I play guitar in. I used to play drums for another group. I am going into music production at college next september...and living with some people from my program whereabouts we plan on building a makeshift studio in our basement.

So I guess so.

That's cool. If you ever want to shoot production ideas back and forth sometime, I am a prolific instant messenger-user.

Edit: And I want to hear your bands. Have you posted them before??

Edited by NotFromOklahoma

Really nice song; I dig the lyrics, particularly

I can't write love songs when I'm on these things

I'm affable, responsible and hard to be around

It's correctible and they're right, you know

It's as easy it sounds

Edited by Prometheon

you guys are pretty excited. objectively - i thought it was ok.. melody = meh, pretty forgettable if you ask me but what do I know.

but i'm glad matt's giving us a little preview, and hopefully the final version will knock my socks off.

edit: girl in the war cover was much better.

Edited by primetime_deliverance