malarky

A Single Explosion

I like the first half and the end of the song tons but the middle upbeat part is just ok. However it will probably grow on me, every matt good song i didnt like at one point are all now ones i love, so...

i definitely don't see the killers thing.

i like it. i think i'll like it better in context of the album, as the lyrics of all the songs (that i've seen lyrics for...) are bloody fantastic.

very personal. and i like that the production is sort of between the rawness of WLRRR and the ambience of rooms.

can't wait for the full meal.

it's a pretty damn sad song.

the keys are awkward once the vocals start, and the "i've got a headache" at the beginning seems like one of those cheesy "let's make the listener feel like they're in on something" ideas. i think the street noises are effective enough though.

i kind of hope the whole record isn't in this vein, because the tracklisting makes me think this could be a pretty boring record. like, the mostly acoustic numbers are good, but are best in moderation. also, "black helicopter" doesn't seem like it will fit, if this is the personal record it's shaping up to be.

I guess most people here are excited because it's a new song we've never heard before and the prospect of that is always exciting. The song itself is alright, sounds like something out of WLRRR to me. The lyrics are pretty good, the music not so much.

Just delete this post if this isn't what you had in mind, Anton:

Matthew Good "A Single Explosion" [unmastered]

[Hidden Text]

;) Thank you, thank you, thank you... The pop up window stopped woking from the mg.net stream.

my second opinion.

it didn't totally strike me at first, though i enjoyed it.

but i spent the day on public transit and walking the streets and now i think it's wonderful.

go walk the streets and take public transit and listen to it under some headphones, or your opinion doesn't count.

yeah, i said it.

if it were anyone else, i'd totally verbally backhand you.

but it's you, so i actually am intimidated.

so i unsay it, but... um... highly suggest it? would that be alright?

awww, but i love being verbally backhanded!

highly suggest works just fine. ;)