Moonlight_Graham

Any1 Else Not Listening To The Streamed Hm Songs?

I admire your discipline. I think he tossed up Put Out Your Lights and Alert Status Red before the release of 'White Light Rock and Roll Review' and I didn't listen to them, but looking back now, it didn't make a whole lot of a difference, so I decided to avail of what he's offering this time around.

in most cases, i'd much rather wait until the album is out to hear anything from it, but in this case, i just want to hear it all NOWNOWNOW. i guess it's because being in texas, i'm not gonna get to hear the album on its actual release date, so i'd like to at least hear what i can so that when everyone is talking about it i have some idea of what it sounds like.

Yes i am choosing not to listen to the Hospital Music tracks Matt was been streaming on is site so it won't spoil the album for me when its released.

Anyone else doing to the same?

if it was someone else leaking the songs, i wouldn't want to hear them.

but since it's matt himself, i'm all for it.

i think if he chooses to add them then it is part of the process of listening to the record as a much bigger thing then a purchase from a store. if it was leaked by a sound engineer it would be a lot different.

this presents the album in fragments, gives you a taste and allows you to put the record together in your imagination. i am loving it. that said, i am happy he capped it at 3 songs.

maybe i would feel like waiting if he put up the whole record, but who knows.

w

Nothing beats going to the record store, picking up an album, bringing it home...putting it in the old player...and sitting down with a coffee...without any distractions...and listening to a piece of art fresh.

The last album I did that with was 10,000 Days.

Edit: But I already listened to the streams of Hospital Music...so whateva heatha.

Edited by shade

Nothing beats going to the record store, picking up an album, bringing it home...putting it in the old player...and sitting down with a coffee...without any distractions...and listening to a piece of art fresh.

i use to feel that way. now my view is: nothing beats having an album a couple weeks before the tools who can't use a computer/internet, and hearing an album, in it's intirety, for free. i'll buy matt's just to be a drop in the bucket.