There's this band call Jucifer, that I heard for the first time last night. The lead singer is incredible. I was in the record store, and damnit someone asked about it before me, and got the last one. I must have this CD. She's freakin awesome!!!

Two of the best female artists I've ever heard are:

Leah Andreone

Damhnait Doyle

Technically Damhnait Doyle is in Shaye (which is crap), but just stick with her indie stuff and you won't regret it.

Plus, I reinforce the listening of Jenny Lewis/Rilo Kiley.

fwiw I think jenny lewis has a nice voice but her lyrics are weak. (she is hot though, I grew the dick now I just gotta prove my worth)

if you don't like metric you won't like the solo stuff imo.

If I could suggest one band/singer that hasn't been mentioned that I'm kinda surpirsed. garrison starr - she did a song that was on the xpn a long time ago "super hero" I bet alot of you older heads(bishop i'm looking ya !!) might remember it if you heard it. but alot of her songs are very strong lyrically and her voice is unique kinda got a southern twank but not country more folky. - actually curious if anyone likes her.

specifically;Superhero -garrision starr and grounded are personal favs.

also K's choice from back in the day - i'm not an addict. lol everyone likes that song. jonatha brooke does a really really beautiful cover of 1980 allan parson's project hit "eye in the sky" it's like so unbelievable and the lyrics when presented in the way she does is very emotional.

if your looking for something less folky and more goth for lack of a better term you could check out rasputina.

Edited by prototypepariah

fwiw I think jenny lewis has a nice voice but her lyrics are weak. (she is hot though, I grew the dick now I just gotta prove my worth)

if you don't like metric you won't like the solo stuff imo.

If I could suggest one band/singer that hasn't been mentioned that I'm kinda surpirsed. garrison starr - she did a song that was on the xpn a long time ago "super hero" I bet alot of you older heads(bishop i'm looking ya !!) might remember it if you heard it. but alot of her songs are very strong lyrically and her voice is unique kinda got a southern twank but not country more folky. - actually curious if anyone likes her.

specifically;Superhero -garrision starr and grounded are personal favs.

also K's choice from back in the day - i'm not an addict. lol everyone likes that song. jonatha brooke does a really really beautiful cover of 1980 allan parson's project hit "eye in the sky" it's like so unbelievable and the lyrics when presented in the way she does is very emotional.

if your looking for something less folky and more goth for lack of a better term you could check out rasputina.

have you read rilo kiley's lyrics? they're not weak at all.