McGuffin

Born Losers

that was an amazing song. my favorite from the streams so far. it was up for less than 24 hours. it went up around 6 pm ish? then was up the next morning before i left for school and then was taken down by the time i got home again around 2 pm ;)

but yes, as for lyrics i am hearing "dance floor nights" as well. and possibly "no cocaine calms"? and that trailer trash pedigree "rats you out".

and i would really appreciate it if someone emailed me the song too.... ([email protected]) thanks!! yay matthew good!

I wasn't a big fan when I first heard it. But upon further listens it really grew on me and now I can't stop listening to it. I think I like it the best out of all of them so far... I don't know if I like the lyrics though. This album is very, very personal. It sort of feels weird when you know exactly what he's singing about.

i'm finally listening to this and i think it's fucking great. it sounds quite different from any mg song i've ever heard, and the phrase 'trailer trash pedigree' is fantastic! in fact, i think my mom might even like it and she doesn't usually like mg stuff because she thinks he sounds like a 'goat-man'.

ok my first impressions of this song are it's definitely an evolving but kinda deevolving sound compared to other MG. I hear hints of alabama motel room, but some white light in there was well. but clearly more hostile and direct-personal. can't be surprised see him make an angry album, given his recent past. The lyrics are good in that respect, strong. The chic has a nice voice it gives the song a kinda country mary chapin carpenter feel, I like dueling voices male/female but could be in the minority there.

A major departure from beautiful midnight/AoB/avalanche the cd's that personally got me into MG. not a good or a bad thing, I like this song but if this were the first song I heard by MG I wouldn't be looking high and low for loser anthem's cd's.

I think it's really strong lyrically for a country music channel but way to country/folk for a rock music channel. IE radio play for this one isn't happening imho.

its got the same beat derived from bruce springsteens "im on fire" and the 'goat voice' thing that sounds good is actually quite hard to do...vocally/singer speaking

not that it sounds bad or that i notice it...which i dont. i think his voice is awesome imo

Edited by jonathan kid

I love it. It is my favourite so far. It wasn't at first, but as someone else said, I've listened to it over and over and I like it more each time.

It is a fantastic combination of upbeat, high tempo music, with some of the most personal, melancholic and dark lyrics he's written. This strange combination gives the song a beautiful quality. The departure from previous sounds makes it even better.

I must admit that I cannot separate myself from the information I have read in MG's blog, so I don't know what I (or anyone else) would think of this song without the background knowledge. However, having this background knowledge helps to make me think of this song as incredibly powerful and biting. It is downright nasty in some ways, more or less what I expected after hearing about the events in his life from 2006.

I think this could even be a popular single because non-fans could bop along to the song, oblivious to the background of the lyrics. It has a driving beat perfect for listening in the car...

I think this song is among his finest for many reasons, including some mentioned above. And I love Pat's drumming in this one. I'm glad Pat worked on the album. I can't wait to see him perform it live in the second tour.

Guest Prosis

Am I the only one who thinks that that woman's singing method is aweful and overused?

Other than that this song is a grower, like Hopeless in my case. At first, I didn't like Hopeless and now love it. Same here.