i've listened to it once, but i wasn't always in the same room... so my first impression maybe be a little skewed.

it strikes me as though they tried to blend what they had with in your honor with their older material (hence the reintroduction of producer gil norton). at times they sound like they're the foo fighters doing bruce springsteen or tom petty & the heartbreakers covers. like someone else had said, they don't sound like they're growing. they have a new aesthetic, but that aesthetic is classic rock.

what made in your honor so good was that it was incredibly sequenced. that statement might sound like hyperbole, especially considering all they did was put the loud songs on one disk and all the quiet on another, but it really helped emphasize their strengths. now, this new album has them trying to pull the quiet-loud song structure off again, almost as though the last album never happened. but this is the conclusion i've come to after one listen. more to come, when i give it a few more listens.

From what I remember, many were just covers, but there was a few others including the title track. I'll have to see if I can find them for download anywhere.

you can find them all over the internet. the title track is something that you should check out in particular, because it's fucking awesome.

i think i've got them all if not most of them. so i'll be able to post them up here to save everyone buying the re-release. although it is remastered, so if you're into that sort of thing, then maybe you'd be better off buying it.

Edited by borntohula

you can find them all over the internet. the title track is something that you should check out in particular, because it's fucking awesome.

i think i've got them all if not most of them. so i'll be able to post them up here to save everyone buying the re-release. although it is remastered, so if you're into that sort of thing, then maybe you'd be better off buying it.

Yeh, I thought as much about the title track. I mean, why name an album after it, unless it's worthy...

That'd be great if you could upload them, really appreciated. ;)