someone on here recommeded 'abbatoir blues/lyre of orpheous' to me a while back in my john butler thread. i checked it out and liked it. some new recommendations? is grinderman any good? the guy at hmv told me it was nick cave's new project. he wasn't very familiar with nick cave himself, but said his friends who like his other stuff like it.

I assume you're only saying it's nice because we share the name

har obviously.

I'm not hitting on you or anything....

...I mean....unless thats err...what you want...

brokeback_2601_wideweb__470x314,0.jpg

t'was i who recommended mr. nick cave to you (i think). if you liked abattoir blues/the lyre of orpheus then you'd probably like grinderman as well. grinderman is very much a different side of nick, but the songs remain well written and bluesy at their core.

i would pursue more of nick's back catalog, but take your time with it. as far as i've found, nothing quite sounds like abattoir blues/the lyre of orpheus.

also, if you find that you've become a fan of that strange electric violin sound so prominent in nick's more recent releases, then i'd certainly advise you look into dirty three, who are another group of aussies, fronted by warren ellis, expert stringsman and resident noisemaker for both the bad seeds as well as grinderman, not to mention the soundtrack to the proposition. they're an instrumental band, but they're fucking badass.

p.s. fuck HMV. go somewhere else, where people actually have good taste in music.

Edited by borntohula

t'was i who recommended mr. nick cave to you (i think). if you liked abattoir blues/the lyre of orpheus then you'd probably like grinderman as well. grinderman is very much a different side of nick, but the songs remain well written and bluesy at their core.

i would pursue more of nick's back catalog, but take your time with it. as far as i've found, nothing quite sounds like abattoir blues/the lyre of orpheus.

also, if you find that you've become a fan of that strange electric violin sound so prominent in nick's more recent releases, then i'd certainly advise you look into dirty three, who are another group of aussies, fronted by warren ellis, expert stringsman and resident noisemaker for both the bad seeds as well as grinderman, not to mention the soundtrack to the proposition. they're an instrumental band, but they're fucking badass.

p.s. fuck HMV. go somewhere else, where people actually have good taste in music.

i'm pretty sure it was you. thanks.

edit: i just read the wiki for dirty three, and i'm kinda interested to hear them now.

Edited by 13chris13

holy shit, thanks dude. i downloaded dirty three's stuff and i'm listening to their last album right now. i dig it very much. i read on wiki that they've changed a bunch from album to album, so i look forward to working my way back through their stuff.

holy shit, thanks dude. i downloaded dirty three's stuff and i'm listening to their last album right now. i dig it very much. i read on wiki that they've changed a bunch from album to album, so i look forward to working my way back through their stuff.

;) glad i could be helpful.