ecnarf

Paintball

Well that's no attitude. The paintballing sure was fun. My old cup fit, thank god, and I actually took a weak bounce from an intact paintball to the area. I didn't bother with the chest and shoulder pads.

Good, good. The body armour isn't neccessary for most people, the women folk included. Worst hits I've seen have been throat, bald head, and behind the ear anyway. Worst I've taken have been inside elbow, head, palm of hand, back of knee...and of course the jewels. Oh, and when I shot myself in the thigh because I was accosted by an enormous hornet.

Edited by Sparq

Unless you start playing with the harder balls, higher pressure or the fully automatic guns, and aren't taking hits from close range...

One girl took a shot to the throat. I have no idea how that happened because you'd think that she'd just get a bunch of spray from the ball hitting her mask.

Automatics are banned almost everywhere for insurance reasons. That's not to say alot of places won't overlook it. Anyway, a semi-automatic electropneumatic with a trigger that cycles when the wind blows can pump out 18+ bps as easily as any automatic.

300fps is the maximum legal limit anywhere, and I've never seen a field that allowed anything over 280 - unregulated CO2 can spike if it gets hot or you get liquid into the valve.

Close range fire can hurt like hell, yeah. Tournament rules where bunkering is in effect can be brutal. I prefer to play with the 'touch the front of the bunker and the occupant is out' rule.

Edited by Sparq

What the hell are you on about? Tough the bunker? Occupant out? We were playing with a 20 foot "mercy" zone. As much as I would have liked to paint some masks orange while closing in on a home fort that a bunch of girls were to afraid to leave...

Anyways. The ref had a full automatic, and was demonstrating it for us. Three balls per second is fucking fast, and he dispensed of 200 rounds in no time.

First time I played, entry fees included a 500 bag. I shot through almost all of it in two or three short games. Adrenaline and beat up, ridiculously inaccurate paintguns.

I typically shoot 500-1000 in a day of play, if I'm using one of my semis. Maybe 200 for my stock-class pump, and 500 for my bulk pump.

Yeah, I used to get a case of 3000 I think and go through a little over 500 in a day. That's using a semi.

It was awesome building our own fields and being able to buy paint at a reasonable rate (not having to buy paint at a particular tournament or field at ridiculous prices). My buddy even bought a giant tank of co2 so we could fill up our tanks for cheap (he sold at practically wholesale).

Thats definitely something I really miss about my hometown. Bushball is definitely where it's at, too. Speedball is fun occasionally but yeah, you just waste more paint.

In my opinion airsoft is way better than paintball, but it's a tight knit community and you can't just show up to games, because there's an entire site dedicated to it.

The guns look way more badass because they're replicas that fire full auto plastic BB's, and you rely on the honour system to call yourself out, once again close knit community.

this was my old rifle back when I played a couple years ago

1146839781762169.jpg

In my opinion airsoft is way better than paintball, but it's a tight knit community and you can't just show up to games, because there's an entire site dedicated to it.

The guns look way more badass because they're replicas that fire full auto plastic BB's, and you rely on the honour system to call yourself out, once again close knit community.

this was my old rifle back when I played a couple years ago

http://baike.baidu.com/pic/11/1146839781762169.jpg

So... it's an exclusive community who fire projectiles that hurt less and we have to rely on the "honour" of head-up-your-ass types like you to tell us when you're out?

Fun criteria right there.

But oh man the guns look badass! My mistake.