ecnarf

Paintball

Now, do explain what the tough the bunker and occupant out rules mean.

Some fields I've played at implement a rule for new/recreational players who don't want to be shot at slapping distance - if you can run up and touch the front of another player's bunker without getting shot on the way, the occupant of that bunker is eliminated. The minimum firing range/surrender rules don't work when you have a guy turtled in the corner of a three sided box.

In my opinion airsoft is way better than paintball...

I've played airsoft, once. Used am M3 pump shotgun, and held my own. I still own an old, beat-up AEG. It was entertaining, and I see the appeal. I always wanted a few of the more accurate re-creations of firearms I like just to play with them. But in general, I prefer paintball. The psychological motivation associated with the threat of .68 caliber, potentially painful objects was just that much more visceral than the idea of 6mm plastic pellets. (They can hurt too, I know). The pellets are way cheaper, I realise this as well.

But recently, paintball companies have begun to build an increasing number of 'tactical' styled paintball markers for the mil-sim enthusiast. They're not nearly as 'true to life' as the airsoft rifels, of course, but some mimic AR-series rifles and MP5 sub machine guns fairly convincingly.

Tiberius-T9-Elite.jpg

WARWS66CQB.gif

The hopper tends to ruin the effect, but some people are willing to opt for small-capacity spring magazines to keep the look.

The first one is set up with a very small spring-feed magazine in the grip (and most of what you see is really just a rifle-ish body built around a Tac-8 pistol) but it can also accept an angled direct feed.

Edited by Sparq

They only hold seven shots per magazine - there's a 12 gram gas cartridge in there as well. One can get a Warp Drive friction feeder to relocate the hopper to the side of the marker, or get one of the chain-feed ATS markers.

Or get an oldschool SMG68 and use stripper clips in a stick magazine. Not exactly convenient.

I mostly just run a vertical hopper on mine, but none of them are milsim.

Edited by Sparq