I have been listening to this fucking Sun Kil Moon song "Carry Me Ohio" a few times a day...everyday...for a few months...and I am trying to understand why...

...and the best I can come up with is a combination of a few things:

1. The Full Out Honesty in the lyrics/vocals (honesty in music like Neil Young...that has this weirdo wholesome quality that is haunting and for lack of a better word "real"...anyone who has heard Neil Young would agree imo).

2. The Subtleties (sp?) in the song...you slowly pick up on them the more you listen...gives the song depth...(I didn't even dig the track the first time I heard it...but for whatever reason I kept coming back).

3. How the song relates to my life. That's personal but you guys understand how music does that anyways.

I think everyone has certain tracks that just fit the time in your life perfectly...and the current sound you like...and they just click...

...So I was thinking for this topic...people talk about those kinds of songs...and if you have the means to do it...share it with us...and maybe tell a story...and we can all be close to eachother and cry a bit and shit like that...

Well, here it is: Sun Kil Moon - Carry Me Ohio

I look foreward to whatever you blokes have to say...

That's a really lovely song, Shade. One of those lyin' in the grass kind of songs.

Don't have the mp3 on me right now, but here's some youtube video with the track.

Everyone's had one of those one-sided relationships...and personally, I'm in a very House-y mood, music wise, so this song always sounds so good to me.

Non-electronic music wise, this song kills me. It brings the tears. I find the lyrics to be terribly sincere.

Wow, interesting songs so far.

One of my favourite songs that has come to my attention as being quite relatable:

Ted Leo & The Pharmacists - Under The Hedge

Originally I began to listen to the song because of the sweet vocals and guitar, but then I realized the lyrics were pretty applicable for me as I perceive them to be about a past relationship that has never really "ended."

the top three songs on my top tracks list on last.fm 'just click' for me. it's definitely the lyrics, but i'm not terribly good at explaining why certain things hit me the way they do. these songs just fit my thought patterns, i guess, for lack of something better to call it. anyway, they are 'parking lot' by vic ruggiero, 'gravedigger' by dave matthews, and 'close my eyes' by the slackers. i can listen to any of them over and over, and they hit me every time. i already shared 'parking lot' in shade's album thread, and the other two i only have as .ogg files, so there's no point in sharing them, cuz i'm apparently the only person on the planet that uses that format (slight exaggeration).

Dodgy - Good Enough

Breaking Laces - States Away

Hayden - Home By Saturday

Limblifter - Wake Up To The Sun

when I listen to each of these songs, everything seems okay. no stress, no worries, they take me to a good place. then i hit repeat.

'Broken One' by Luke Doucet.

I saw the video for this about a month after my ex and I broke up last year, although we were still fooling around, kind of a 'friends with benefits' deal. Big mistake on my part. One Saturday last March, she went to a metal concert in Steinbach (if you're from Winnipeg, then you'll laugh at that) and met a friend of a friend of hers who asked her out, and she said yes. Naturally, I was quite devestated.

That weekend was also the first time I heard "Don't Look Back In Anger" by Oasis, so that tempered my bitterness somewhat.

One day you're gonna miss me

One day you're gonna wake up cold

Then you'll wish that you could kiss me

When you're old and you're alone.

So cry if you want to

Yeah you can come undone

But you gotta have a heart to have a broken one.

You can take your accusations

You can have all your records back

You can have an opinion or a heart attack.

'Cause if you lose a kindred spirit

You'll find another one

But you gotta pull the trigger to have a smoking gun.

So cry if you want to

Yeah you can come undone

Oh, my girl it must be so tight in your skin

'Cause there's no room to breathe in this fantasy you're living in.

I need a new perspective

Yes, I need a fresh start

I need a girl like you like a stolen car

'Cause we all love the joy ride

Until you wind up dead

You see you don't need a heart to have a swollen head.

So cry if you want to

Yeah you can come undone

http://www.myspace.com/lukedoucet

no yu begin wher i end: shitty times....but such is life I guess.

That's a really lovely song, Shade. One of those lyin' in the grass kind of songs.

Don't have the mp3 on me right now, but here's some youtube video with the track.

Everyone's had one of those one-sided relationships...and personally, I'm in a very House-y mood, music wise, so this song always sounds so good to me.

Non-electronic music wise, this song kills me. It brings the tears. I find the lyrics to be terribly sincere.

The Snow Patrol song is probably better than most the stuff I've heard from them.

I saw them live with 'Athlete" for whatever reason...a few years ago.

sad song.

Edited by shade

The instrumental part in the end of Born To Kill gives me goosebumps every time, I can't even describe it but it makes me feel as if I'm about to explode as the music gets more and more dramatic and frantic.