sodamntired

Eternal Sunshine/brain Candy

Seems we have another 'there is a right and a wrong' fella here. Fair Enough.

In my opinion people can learn from any situation...if not than we all just better fucking die because life is not worth living.

Yes, people need therapy and medication. However, it is completely up to them to decide to take the actions to help get those things. I admit most the things I said were not very sensitive to all situations...but when it really boils down to it...life is what you make it.

What is the most traumatic thing that has happened to me?

My dad hung himself...they found his body in his basement on new years 06. I have to look back and say, ya well I was having a fun time my dad was rotting in some basement.

But what the fuck would I know about anything, I lack education. I am a fucking retard.

Whoa there. Just because people can't learn from every single situation doesn't necessitate life not being worth living. That's sort of a big jump to make is it not?

Yes, people need therapy and medication. However, it is completely up to them to decide to take the actions to help get those things. I admit most the things I said were not very sensitive to all situations...but when it really boils down to it...life is what you make it.

That's pretty much all I'm saying, too. I'm just expanding and saying that in some cases, nothing is enough. There is a such thing as irrevocable damage. I doubt this new drug will change that.

As for your dad, that sucks and I'm sorty for your loss, but it's not something I'd expect to make you suffer from PTSD or something similar. I've had a similar experiance actually, and I was only about 12 when it happened to me.

But what the fuck would I know about anything, I lack education. I am a fucking retard.

I never said that.

Edited by Prometheon

You know who you remind me of, Shade? The people who, shortly after Matthew Good's divorce due to his wife being a golddigging whore, immediately reacted with "I can't wait to hear what interesting music will come out of this." It's pretty depressing that it took five pages for someone to agree that there are certain experiences whose memories don't serve any lesson-learning purposes, even when it comes to such extremes as rape.

The only thing I hear coming out of you is armchair assertions and baseless justifications. I tried to use examples and you called them sob cases I was using as so-called support. Owen is a psychology student and has some knowledge relevant to the discussion, you called him condescending and pompous. What have you done? You've done nothing but assert that no matter what happens to anyone, it's easy enough to will their way past it with happy thoughts, learn a lesson or two and become a better person because of it. That's a patently ridiculous assertion without any evidence to accompany it. You've even flat-out said that being a victim of paedophilia isn't so bad because it makes you a better person. I fucking dare you to say that to a paedophilia victim in person. I'd like to hear it. "So you were raped by an elder trusted by the entire community and were forced to be quiet about it? Boo fucking hoo, shit happens to every one. Whatever doesn't kill you makes them stronger."

Edited by ecnarf

You know who you remind me of, Shade?  The people who, shortly after Matthew Good's divorce due to his wife being a golddigging whore, immediately reacted with "I can't wait to hear what interesting music will come out of this."

I'm not reading anything past this.

Go Fuck Yourself.

Edited by shade

SPOILER (Highlight to View)
It took me like 2 or 3 views to make full sense of that movie. And it still confuses me. It's like a giant feedback loop! When do they REALLY meet for the first time? Which parts of the movie are from their "first" relationship, which one is from the second, and do they just keep on existing in constant loops of meeting, falling in love, being together, breaking up, getting the head-erasing thing ad infinitum?

It took me like 2 or 3 views to make full sense of that movie. And it still confuses me. It's like a giant feedback loop When do they REALLY meet for the first time? Which parts of the movie are from their "first" relationship, which one is from the second, and do they just keep on existing in constant loops of meeting, falling in love, being together, breaking up, getting the head-erasing thing ad infinitum?

they first met at the beach house during the picnic towards the end of the movie. the first parts of their relationship are in his flashbacks during the erasal (or so I believe). yes, they meet, fall in love, hate each other, and then erase their memories forever. though i'm not so sure after the doc's files are released.

i'll be jim, you can be kate.