lokee

We Need A Live Album..

Does anyone else want to see Matt put out a live album ? I would rather it be FULL ON with a band and not accoustic. I think to capture the REAL Matthew Good would be to put out a live album.

I wonder if he has even pondered it ?

Just a thought as iam listening to a few live boots.

The Kingston 05 show on GIANT when he sings "Its the future that is whoring" wholy fucking god AMAZING vocals.

~~ends rant~~

I would agree with SOME RANDOM.

Usually when bands release live albums they tend to go a little too crazy cleaning up the sound.

Some of the bootlegs floating around have good sounds and still maintain the raw live feel.

I don't know about anyone else but I like hearing the fans sing along to songs...not all the way through, but the parts that warrant it....you know what I mean.

that reminded me of bad religion's live album. i was so dissappointed when it came out, and i was a huge fan. they made a point to cut as much of the audience out of the mix as they could, and it was put together from pieces of a whole tour to capture the best performances of songs. they were my favorite band at the time and i felt so let down.

i like Bowie's Stage. great example of a live album that's clean, but not too clean. most live albums nowadays are indeed overproduced. last one i bothered with was Skin and Bones... which wasn't bad mixwise.

i agree with ToadMan about the acoustic stuff, though i wouldn't mind a live band album- maybe one for the road so he can actually tell everyone he's ditching that format "forever?"

i wouldn't be against a live acoustic album or a live DVD. production costs have come down nowadays. a simple one-location live DVD (multi-camera) would probably be comparable in cost to a medium-sized play or recital recording. you could put out something adequate for less than $5k(US). the big snags would be organizational- dealing with the venue and the sound and whatnot.

i've had this vision in my head for a couple of years now of the live cd/dvd/whatever that should have been. the cover would be a picture of the 'Howdy!' sign from the avalanche tour. it would have the re-vamped versions of x-rated, hello time bomb, load me up, etc. one of the nice long jams on big city life, the keyboard-centric 'pledge,' and end with the german live versions of suburbia and born to kill (cleaned up, of course).

there would also be a second disc from the last acoustic tour. but only 30 minutes of actual songs, so that there was plenty of room for all that random discussion of beer brands and paris hilton biographies.

alas, it wasn't meant to be.

i've had this vision in my head for a couple of years now of the live cd/dvd/whatever that should have been. the cover would be a picture of the 'Howdy!' sign from the avalanche tour. it would have the re-vamped versions of x-rated, hello time bomb, load me up, etc. one of the nice long jams on big city life, the keyboard-centric 'pledge,' and end with the german live versions of suburbia and born to kill (cleaned up, of course).

there would also be a second disc from the last acoustic tour. but only 30 minutes of actual songs, so that there was plenty of room for all that random discussion of beer brands and paris hilton biographies.

alas, it wasn't meant to be.

damn, that's quite the list.

*sigh* too bad..... ;)