Guest Idioteque

Ipod Classic Troubles.

Guest Idioteque

Since the new Itunes update my Ipod Classic has been doing the weirdest shit.

1. Whenever I properly eject my Ipod, it straight away goes to a faded apple logo, nothing works (Holding down Menu/Middle Button etc) Its frozen, so I have to plug it in and out at least 5 times into my laptop before the apple logo goes away and THEN it syncs & does the (Disconnect In _______)

2. I went into The Lounge & grabbed the rest of "Live Road" because I never got the chance to complete that album. So I eject, #1 happened, got my ipod to boot up again and this MESS happened.

*Like always, I can't attach a photo so it pretty much looks like*

Matthew Good

Matthew Good Band

Matthew Good

Matthew Good Band

Matthew Good

Matthew Good Band

Normally if I see that I think "Oh I guess there is miss-spelling", Not the case.

"Matthew Good" & "Matthew Good Band" has duplicated its entire discography multiple times. Album for album, song for song, but there aren't multiple MP3's on my ipod.

(So if I play "Load Me Up" From "Beautiful Midnight" its playing in all the other "Beautiful Midnight" duplicates)

I've re-named everything the same just in case, doesn't work.

Ive tried making it all a Compilation, doesn't work.

I tried moving a song like "Suburbia" to "Hospital Music" and it won't even do that.

Whatever I do on my itunes, it won't translate back to my ipod once it's disconnected.

I only added Live Roads, I already had his previous work but now (as you can see from my poor example) its just messed everything up.

I know this all sounds REALLY confusing but that's the only way I can explain this confusing crap.

If anyone has ever ran into this problem before please help.

The only thing I can think of, which you've probably already done, is to check to see if you're syncing music from your iTunes, or adding it manually. That could be part of the problem.

You could also restore it and start over, if it doesn't go away. Not sure what you would lose from starting over, but may be worth it.

Guest Idioteque

I'd lose over 20,000 songs my friend.

It's not the biggest problem in the world, but im such a neat freak about making sure my ipod has the correct information & album covers.

My eye twitches just looking at the duplicates. :P

Seems restoring is the only solution, I cannot find anything online with the problem I have that works.

I'd just have to burn all my cds and vinyl back into my laptop.

Bah, Humbug.

Thanks. :)

I feel your pain. I hate having incomplete artwork too. Drives me nuts.

Just FYI, there are programs that copy the files from your iPod back onto your computer. I've used one before, and it works great.

Edited by hoogie

When I changed computers long time ago, I bought TouchCopy online to transfer my purchased iTunes songs onto CDs.

I feel your pain. I think I experienced this exact problem long time ago, but I forgot how I fixed it... or maybe my ipod stopped working altogether. All I know, is that I did a lot of researching on the internet for ipod fixes. Ipods are a piece of junk and I've come across lots of problems over the years. I'm glad my current ipod works now.

Edited by girl

I've used a different free program, can't remember the name of it. Will check when I go home tonight. There's quite a few that are free, if you google how to transfer music from iPod to computer.

But yes, it allows you to move the music that you have on there back onto your computer or directly into iTunes. I have the same problem, where I can't find some of my old music anymore, and have had to do this several times as I changed devices.

Another thing you could try is turning on your ipod and letting the all the power run out. Once your ipod runs out of power, you can re-charge it and essentially start from scratch. Usually that fixes most of my problems.

Guest Idioteque

Ah!

I'll give that a shot since my Ipod is almost dead.

Thanks! This website has more helpful people than Reddit I'll tell you that much. :P

Oh, I forgot to tell you something. If my previous post is the issue at hand with your ipod, the first time you do it almost never works. At least, that is how it has been from my experience. For me, I had to drain the power from my ipod and then re-charge my ipod approximately 5-9 consecutive times before it actually worked again.

You need lots and lots of patience during this time. It made me want to pull my hair out. Good luck!!