borntohula

Hp Or Vista Retardation?

hi there folks,

i was wondering if i could get some outside opinions on this.

i've got an HP pavilion dv6000 running windows vista. i have it set so that when i close the lid, it goes into a hibernate mode. lately, however, it hasn't actually been doing that. i'll close the lid and go somewhere else, and come back to find that the computer hasn't started shutting itself down yet. then i'll try to open the lid to put it into hibernate manually in windows, except all i'm left with is a black screen-- the same kind of black screen i get when the computer has overheated.

ok so i realize that this might mean that the computer has overheated, but i don't understand, because it'll be perfectly fine when i close it. i had never had this problem when i first started using my laptop... it's only something that's been happening recently. i don't think i'm doing anything differently now than i was doing then.

so is the problem with vista? because it's not putting the computer into hibernate mode properly? or is it the computer itself that's the issue? (only after i bought my laptop did i hear that HP's products have a tendency to fuck up a lot)

Actually that looks identical to our dads laptop. Maybe the dv6000 is just shit ?

Hasn't been as bad recently, but the screen's always turning black, and then eventually blue-screening and restarting. Vista tells me it's the video drivers, but I haven't a clue. As for 'hibernating', I've never used it - infact I don't even bother shutting the lid even when it's off.

I have an HP running vista and it looks identical to yours. mine was having the same problems and it turned out to be because a hinge was loose (which later broke and fucked me over)

if you have a service plan on the laptop, take it in and tell them that you'd like it if they could tighten the hinges. if I had done that in the first place, I wouldn't have a broken hinge.