MatthewGoodFan101

Found 48 MG/MGB articles from 1996 to 2004

I read through em all and found out some interesting things:

1) Matt was inspired to write Deep Six after watching a Noel Gallagher interview:

"He was going on about how rock 'n' roll shouldn't mean anything and how you shouldn't really try to say anything. And I was thinking, well, that's pretty weak, but whatever, he's got his f---ing point of view, right? And then he starts going on about how the world's a great place and we're all having a good time. And then I just sat up and said, `Do you wake up on the same planet I do? Why don't you f---ing flip over to CNN and check it out?' That's where I got the line, `I don't know where you think you are.' "

2) Matt was inspired to write Automatic after watching a show on liposuction:

"I was watching some show about how this woman had to get this (stuff) sucked out of her hips so she could fit into her dress to go to an opera," says Good. "It's a song about how things are so accessible. People used to worry about things like making sure there was gas in the truck so they could drive their wares to market and now they're worried about getting a new nose. And I find that pathetic."

3) Matt played violin from age 3 to 14.

4) Matt wrote 52 songs for Beautiful Midnight.

5) Matt said Carmelina was "too bass-y".

6) In 2002, Gordie Johnson of Big Sugar called Matt “Matt Average” and then said this:

"I don't want to slag the guy, because his music is really good. But why does he have to be such an idiot? Matthew Good is a twerp. He is not nice to anybody. He's nasty to his fans, he's nasty to the press, he's nasty to the record label, he's nasty to the guys in his band. Wake up! You're Matthew Good. You are not Matthew The Great. You're just good."

And this is a guy who toured with Matt just a few years before.

There's more interesting stuff you may not have known or have forgotten. Here's the link:

https://web.archive.org/web/20041012103943/http://www.canoe.com/JamMusicArtistsG/good_matthew.html

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1