Kyle86

Up To Interpretation

Man...I tried to take a shot at Workers, but I can't get uch from it.

I kindof think it has something to say about slavery ("while the world's sleeping"), but not too sure. The lyrics aren't really that deep in this.

I feel like that is a cop-out so if anyone else wants to take a stab at it, feel free.

If not, how about The Fall Of Man

Guest jsunC

wsasomp

I don't really look deeply into the lyrics in this song, and just take them for what they are. I would just say it's a working day, it's very straight forward

I don't really understand what is trying to be said in these lines:

I was made by the Taiwanese in Taiwan

but they don't like that much

because it's called Formosa

I think Formosa is the mainland of Taiwan... with that being said i still don't really understand...

anyway:

fall of man

i think fall of man is describing the state of large corperations destroying the lives of the people that buy into them. it takes the perspective of the evil giant. "you pray for the sheep" this sound a little bitter and condesending. "i look in your eyes, you look for your price, you beg me to stop but i was never that nice" it's like hes talking to a prostitute that is selling herself to him or perhaps a struggling worker selling his time. "never did mind the little things" i think the little things are the everyday people. "well stick to the plan, the fall of man" "what you don't know wont kill you"

wsasomp

I don't really look deeply into the lyrics in this song, and just take them for what they are. I would just say it's a working day, it's very straight forward

I don't really understand what is trying to be said in these lines:

I was made by the Taiwanese in Taiwan

but they don't like that much

because it's called Formosa

I think Formosa is the mainland of Taiwan... with that being said i still don't really understand...

anyway:

fall of man

I had an idea about the whole name thing, but I wasn't sure so I looked it up.

Taiwain was originally named "Ilha formosa" by its founder, a dutch navigator on a portugese ship. the name means means "beautiful island", I'm guessing in portugese.

"On a narrow peninsula on the Southwestern coast of the island, the Dutch established a fortress named "Zeelandia", after the Dutch province of Zeeland. The peninsula was called Tayouan, meaning terrace bay. This later evolved into Taiwan, and came to be the name for the whole island.

"

China was never really able to gain control over Taiwan. Taiwan became the first independent republic in asia, before being occupied by the Japanese.

the official name is "republic of china". China is called the "peoples republic of china" but Taiwain might be renamed to the "republic of Taiwan"

I don't know where I'm going with this... I'm guessing that many Taiwanese resent it being called Taiwan becuase it was named that during the time when the Chinese were attacking them. They don't like that much. They prefer the original name, formosa.

Bright End Of Nowhere

I think it's about wasting your life away and looking back realizing you haven't accomplished much and probably regretting it...'cause now you're a fat drunk.

P.S. I added that last part in for kicks!

The Boy Come Home

Edited by Hoverball