ok, going to see Neil Young tonight. Will be a standard indoor arena show. I got floor seats/general admission.

Problem: Its friggin cold outside so i don't want to stand in line outside tonight for 2 hours to get a good spot on the floor. So anyone have any sneaky tips so i can secure good seats and/or scoot up through the crowd & get close to the stage? I've been thinking i might scoot through the crowd saying i'm looking for my grandma LOL.

Concert starts at 7pm, Doors open at 6, so i figure i might arrive 5:15-5:30

Also, since its Neil Young, i'd imagine there will be a healthy crowd and demographic-wise i'd imagine a healthy mix between young & old in attendence.

P.S. i've never had floor seats to a big concert like this, is there anything i should expect?

Edited by Moonlight_Graham

Honestly I wouldn't worry to much about it. I had GA tickets for Neil Young in Winnipeg(his hometown) and I had no problem making my way to the front. I got to the show at around 7:00 and Death Cab came on just before eight. I even went to get more beer in the intermission before Neil came on stage and had no trouble making my way back toward the front of the stage. Like you said there is a wide range of people going so you don't have to worry about people moshing or bumping you like you would on at some wannabe punk show. Hopefully Wilco is on the bill, cause as we all know they are fabulous! But yeah hope this helps.

Well twas a soldout show & i arrived about 20 minutes before doors opened, but security told me a little trick to get in before most of the others lined up for GA admission. So when the doors opened i scurried w/ everyone else to the front of the stage & got the perfect spot, i stayed standing there for 4.5 hours but never had to go to the bathroom & brought my own drink so all was good LOL.

I think i could have left & come back & gotten a decent view but certainly wouldn't have had the front row spot i got. great concert!! Lead-guitarist for Wilco is pretty sick!

Well twas a soldout show & i arrived about 20 minutes before doors opened, but security told me a little trick to get in before most of the others lined up for GA admission. So when the doors opened i scurried w/ everyone else to the front of the stage & got the perfect spot, i stayed standing there for 4.5 hours but never had to go to the bathroom & brought my own drink so all was good LOL.

I think i could have left & come back & gotten a decent view but certainly wouldn't have had the front row spot i got. great concert!! Lead-guitarist for Wilco is pretty sick!

Nels Cline is just incredible, and Wilco is a fantastic band to see live.