Azalroth

Octranspo Strike

give discounts? no, they stole over a month from me. i want my pass free. and i want my cab money refunded.

i had to snowbike to work last week and it was terrible. my shifts at work are all fucked up because it takes an hour or so to walk from school to work.

i love doing my job most days. i get to help people, chat with them, and be surrounded by food all day. but i it ever got to the point where i hated it, i would line up something else then quit.

the union is still fighting for the right to schedule themselves by themselves. i say we give it to them until june and in that time, negotiate contract terms and if they have to strike again, at least people can bike and walk. for me to bike downtown, it might take 20-25 minutes. last night when i cabbed back from downtown, it cost me $31. but i had to do it. i'm glad i don't have a health condition or something that required frequent trips to my doctors office.

I understand clearly both sides. I'm not overly for one or the other. If I'd have to choose I'd go with OCT, but only for the fact that they deserve something, not everything. Honestly both sides are so stubborn, they'll take forever to reach an agreement. It frustrates most people to the point of violence (some friends I know).

This just needs to be over and done with (the strike, not the thread).

PS : some good posts in here

I have gone through a transit strike also, and it lasted a few days, but that was at the time when I was really sick, and had no other transportation to see the doctors I needed too. The whole thing made me even more sick, and I nearly ended up in a hospital. This strike for the transit in Ottawa does need to end more people will just not even use the bus system anymore. It will effect ridership, and the like. Like Lauren said it sucks in the winter trying to make it work, and everything.