sodamntired

Who Else Needs A Greatest Hits?

5ilent Narcotic said:
ecnarf said:
How many albums did Age of Electric put out?

1!

and 2 singles. one was huge.

a of e had 2 albums did they not?

me thinks they did > 1. self-titled and

2. make a pest a pet make http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=music-ca&field-keywords=age of electric/ref=xs_ap_l_xgl15/701-7724817-3481148

That is NOT a greatest hits cd. That album has 8 LIVE tracks (four of them aren't even singles), 2 acoustic tracks and two songs that didn't make Dig & Scenery And Fish.

Nice try though.

It's a greatest hits album of the Edwin stuff.

Also, AoE had 2 albums, 1 e.p. and 2 tape releases. http://www.hrmrecords.com/toddkerns/music.html

*shakes head*

I have never heard a Greatest Hits album that doesn't have ORIGINAL VERSIONS OF THE ACTUAL HITS. Like I already said, six tracks out of the 12 tracks are singles and they AREN'T EVEN THE ALBUM VERSIONS OF THE SINGLES. It's basically a live/rarities cd.

Hilary Duff has a greatest hits, I'm sure her greatest hits album is filled with non-singles too. Also there's no definition that a greatest hits has to be regular versions of album songs. For one many greatest hits use single versions of songs, which is a rarity usually because they are best only on the single, which not everyone can find. Also Greatest hits usually include new songs. The Matthew Good best of included acoustic versions. And the live songs were just another version people didn't have.

Hilary Duff has a greatest hits, I'm sure her greatest hits album is filled with non-singles too. Also there's no definition that a greatest hits has to be regular versions of album songs. For one many greatest hits use single versions of songs, which is a rarity usually because they are best only on the single, which not everyone can find. Also Greatest hits usually include new songs. The Matthew Good best of included acoustic versions. And the live songs were just another version people didn't have.

You are absolutely ridiculous.

First off, how many Hilary Duff cds does she have? Two at most? Obviously, she isn't going to be able to fill a cd with singles and I acknowledge that she'll have to use other songs to fill the space; but a majority of those would be new tracks.

You need to clarify your third sentence. I have no idea what that's supposed to mean but I THINK you are trying to say that they use 'the radio single versions' of singles on greatest hits albums? That is correct but do you see any of those versions of the aforementioned IME cd?

The acoustic versions of the Matt Good greatest hits package ISN'T on THE GREATEST HITS cd, it's obviously on the deluxe edition and deluxe editions offer more than what normal greatest hits cds offer. As you would know, they also sell In A Coma itself without the deluxe discs and THAT is the Greatest Hits album. It also has non-singles being Big City Life and Pony Boy. That's NOT my argument. Greatest Hits albums feature albums or radio cuts of their greatest hits; NOT remakes or live versions on the ACTUAL single disc.

You failed to find me a Greatest Hits cd that has NON-album versions of their singles. That's because it doesn't exist. I don't know what you are trying to prove.

Maybe IME are innovators.

nice try, really nice try, I can't speak for their new stuff with the other singer, but nothign edwin was ever a part of was innovating, he's a hack, they should never have beeen in that band.

unless you were joking, in that case, touchee (is that how you spell that?)

Edited by driftinginfluence

nice try, really nice try, I can't speak for their new stuff with the other singer, but nothign edwin was ever a part of was innovating, he's a hack, they should never have beeen in that band.

Nothing he was apart of was innovating?

Tell me one album that sounded like Dig in 1993. Hell, right now as well.

insert random boring canadian rock record here and the sound they had on dig was not innovating, it came out of the grunge sound, as everything else did, much is not so much a bad thing, just that its not innovating.

insert random boring canadian rock record here and the sound they had on dig was not innovating, it came out of the grunge sound, as everything else did, much is not so much a bad thing, just that its not innovating.

Came OUT of the grunge sound?

Oh yes, because Dig is an album full of drowsy guitars, dirty riffs played very low, all slow tempos, 4/4 time signatures and songs about heroin and angst; with no variation in songs structures!

Wow, how did I miss that one out?

Idiot.

Edited by Shortcut To Moncton

Came OUT of the grunge sound?

Oh yes, because Dig is an album full of drowsy guitars, dirty riffs played very low, all slow tempos, 4/4 time signatures and songs about heroin and angst; with no variation in songs structures!

Wow, how did I miss that one out?

Idiot.

I'm an idiot, yeah okay, I Mother Earth are the Bob Dylan of Canadian Music,yep ok, definately see that. IDIOT.

Bob Dylan may have been incredibly influencial as a musician but he is by no means a musically gifted player who broke barriers with different styles and approaches with his guitar.

Bob Dylan is known for being a strong lyricist; not a multi-skilled musician.

Bob Dylan is known for being a strong songwriter, not just a strong lyricist. There are tons of great musicians out there that can't write shit. Think of every vocalist or shredder in the 80's, great musical talent but there songs are a joke.

Bob Dylan may have been incredibly influencial as a musician but he is by no means a musically gifted player who broke barriers with different styles and approaches with his guitar.

Bob Dylan is known for being a strong songwriter, not just a strong lyricist. There are tons of great musicians out there that can't write shit. Think of every vocalist or shredder in the 80's, great musical talent but there songs are a joke.

I agree that there are tons of great musicians who can't come up with anything half decent. But the 80s were a great time for music; The Cure, The Smiths, Sonic Youth, The Pixies, Jane's Addiction just to even begin. They were great musicians and they could put songs together.

I agree that there are tons of great musicians who can't come up with anything half decent. But the 80s were a great time for music; The Cure, The Smiths, Sonic Youth, The Pixies, Jane's Addiction just to even begin. They were great musicians and they could put songs together.

I love the Pixies and The Smiths, I wasn't trying to imply that all bands in the 80's were bad, far from the truth, I was commenting on the hair band hard rock/metal/pop scene, basically anything on yop 40 radio. Even some bands who had commercial success, U2 for example, made excellent records.