Guest some guy

Clerks: Uncensored

Guest apsham

So with Clerks 2 coming out soonish and the like, I thought now would be a good time to bring it up. Did anyone else catch the two episodes that aired on ABC before it was taken off or, own the DVD with all six episodes?

I think it's a shame really that the series got cancelled, I could've seen it going for a longer time if it was on a network that would've given them a better chance, but oh well... I guess that's the way that it goes, Clerks is off the air and Family Guy is still running.

On a related note, in episode 6 of Clerks the cartoon, Randal and Dante walk into a room marked something like "Writers Room" and if you look closely, a character meant to resemble one of the producers is reading "How to Write Cartoons For Dummies. By Seth McFarlane." When I was in grade nine I found Family Guy funny, then it came back and I assumed it was funny, but didn't care enough to watch it. Now I've tried, and seen the light, and the light tells me Family Guy is a horribly written piece of cartoon garbage.

I actually own the VHS of Clerks Uncensored, it was hilarious when I was 13.

I still find the court drama/anime episode hilarious! "who's driving ca'? BEARS DRIVING CA'!?!"

Guest apsham

I love all the episodes, but one of my favorite parts has to be when they open up the yearbook, and there's the picture of Randal in place of the soldier shooting the Viet Cong prisoner with "Best Hall Monitor" below it. I crack up everytime I see that. Alec Baldwinn doing the voice of Leonardo Leonardo was also a great thing as well.

Dante Hicks: Look, there is no virus. You're all just victims of the over-active imagination of a pop-culture junkie loudmouth.

Major Baklava: Quentin Tarantino?

--------------------------------------

Dante Hicks: There never was a Motaba virus. It was just a hoax played by an idiot with too much time on his hands.

Bomber Pilot: Quentin Tarantino?

That was such a great show. I've got the DVD set, which is worth picking up because the commentaries are hilarious. I heard somewhere that they're planning to do another Clerks cartoon project, like a movie or something. I would imagine that won't be anytime too soon since they're all busy with Clerks II right now.

Reporter: Can the virus kill the Grimace?

Big Mac: Nothing can kill the Grimace.

Edited by Quammy

I got clerks uncensored on DVD (actually, I've got most Kevin Smith stuff... except for an evening with Kevin Smith and Jersey Girl... yes, I have chasing Amy) I haven't watched the DVD in a few weeks, but I want to watch the other 3 episodes (that I didn't watch two weeks ago) before I go see Clerks 2. Fuck, am I psyched!

I love this show. I saw the two episodes that aired on ABC, and they were my first exposure to the characters. The DVD set for the show did the show much-needed justice, and I'm glad that some of the folks behind it (like Steve Loter and Chris Bailey) have done great work elsewhere since the show ended.