sodamntired

Favorite Word Thread

Yes I do...I was working on my Firebird this morning before work.

My first car that I kept....(I bought two others first and fixed them up and sold them.) Was a 1972 Dodge Dart, 4 Door, it was a very light tan, we even found the factory paint and repainted it the same color after we finished the body work. Some crazed Dominican took out the Slant 6 and replaced it with some jury rigged 4 cylinder...Why I don't know....We found a six at a junkyard and my dad rebuilt it. All total it cost 2700 from beginning to end...I sold for 7k, 2 years later. I loved that car...I had a lot of great "fun" in that bad boy, with the bench seating...you could have an orgy in there with room to spare.

ahaha. bench seats. totally.

my front bench was jammed on the drivers side so i sat about 6 inches closer to the dash than the passenger. also had no window cranks, 8-track, and the locks wouldnt work in the cold.

mine was silver sedan with a blue roof. i bought it for $500 from an extremely old woman who was the original owner.

when i was 16 my parents bought a rental property in coquitlam that had two units above a parking lot and one above a convenience store. i used the one above the store and bought the car. i didnt even have my license at the time, so i would drive to school every once in a while, then out at night to do power slides and doughnuts. the car was virtually bulletproof until i shattered the rear-end in new westminster and drove the fucker home clunking-away. it sat for about 6 months. during that time a woman hit it while impaired and cut me a check that night for $800 to keep my mouth shut. two weeks later a guy across the street was working on his mustang when it jumped the jackstands, rolled down the driveway across the street down the other driveway and smashed into my car. insurance covered me and cut me another cheque for $1500. about a year later after a whole ton of oil leaks, i decided to buy a rear end for it ($250) and after a week of installation, it was back on the road. not too long after that i bought a supercharged MR2 and parked the volare for good.

the volare sat in that driveway from 1998 until about 7 months ago when the building got sold. i happened to drive by one day and notice its absense.