From all reports the band has a fair bit of the record now written.  MJK works quickly so I think there is a good chance the album arrives around this time next year.  

I read somewhere that he had received music from the band around 2012, had written lyrics to it, only to find out that they no longer liked the music and had scrapped it.  Hence he is now waiting for the band to finance the music before he begins work on the lyrics.

Good to see APC back in the meantime.  Mer de Mons and 13th step are great albums.  

Who would've guessed that Tool would somehow outdo GnR's Chinese debacle...I sincerely hope that there is a new record at some point, but I am no longer anticipating it like I was.

To echo others, the new APC was a welcome surprise and I am super excited to hear the record!

APC look like they are playing three new songs this current tour.  Really hope I get the chance to see them again.

APC look like they are playing three new songs this current tour.  Really hope I get the chance to see them again.

I've seen both them and Tool exactly one time each (both back in the early 2000's) and I must say both were once in a lifetime shows.  Maynard was at the top of his game then.

It's kind of crazy to look back.

There was a point in time when I passed on seeing APC because I had just seen them the year before and I had seen Tool the summer before that.  When you had 2 APC albums and Lateralus all released within a few years of each other, it kind of felt like that was going to be the norm.  Who could have imagined how sparse releases would become after that.  Forever kicking myself now.