Guest Idioteque

Gord Downie

Guest Idioteque

Haha wow those are awesome cups! 

I found this gem on youtube, I'm pretty sure this is the only properly recorded version of "38 Years Old" floating around. One of my favourite songs but they've basically condemned it & haven't played it in decades I think. Pretty much what Radiohead did to "Creep". 

36:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGvsyKyjFrA

I did not know that. I enjoyed that. Great find. The crowd seemed really into it too. I will watch the whole thing when I have time. They all had long, luscious hair back in day didn't they, well, everyone except for Johnny. I've never seen Gord Sinclair's hair so poufy like that. Bobby looks like a teenager, and Johnny looks like he hasn't aged a bit. I like the dangling cigarette from Paul's mouth. Times sure have changed from back then.

Edited by girl

Haha wow those are awesome cups! 

I found this gem on youtube, I'm pretty sure this is the only properly recorded version of "38 Years Old" floating around. One of my favourite songs but they've basically condemned it & haven't played it in decades I think. Pretty much what Radiohead did to "Creep". 

36:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGvsyKyjFrA

They busted the song back out in 2006 during the world Container tour.  The first time was on night one of the 3 night Calgary trek.  Before the song Gord said "this is about a story that is kind of true but isn't"    Easily one of their best songs.

Guest Idioteque

Can't wait to see the setlist from tonight in Victoria. What sucks is I realised the Vancouver dates are Credit Card Entry only, so not only do I have to buy a ticket from someone I also have to make sure I enter the building with them too. DAMN. 

Guest Idioteque

Boots or Hearts

New Orleans Is Sinking

Opiated

Blow at High Dough

Machine *new*

What Blue *new*

Tired as Fuck *new*

In a World Possessed by the Human Mind *new*

Something On

Poets

Bobcaygeon

Fireworks

Family Band

The Lonely End of the Rink

Yer Not the Ocean

In View

The Last of the Unplucked Gems

The Luxury

Little Bones

Long Time Running

Twist My Arm

Eldorado

Wheat Kings

At the Hundredth Meridian

Gift Shop

Ahead by a Century

What's your thoughts on the setlist? The Hip always change it up every show, this one was very mild/soft. Filled with alot of new songs & B-side tracks from older albums. This tour is definitely dedicated to the hardcore fans.

Edited by Idioteque

Guest Idioteque

I know right? 2 hours is an insane wait time with no opening act. I've messaged Rogers & they said nothing is happening within that time, so it's for people to sit down or buy merch I guess. 

No point in showing up until 8pm. 

Guest Idioteque

True, that 2 hours is going to be spent dealing with the Credit Card Entry fiasco. I feel bad for everyone who bought a ticket from a scalper & will likely be turned away at the door. 

Yeah, the scalpers probably won't be accompanying the ticket holders. Maybe there will be lots of sad and angry fans being held up and declined entry at the doors.

I like Gord's leather outfit and hat. haha. He had the biggest smile I have ever seen in the Tragically Hip's Victoria facebook pictures. I'm glad to see he is having fun. I'm looking forward to the August 1st show! Have fun in Vancouver tonight.

Boots or Hearts

New Orleans Is Sinking

Opiated

Blow at High Dough

Machine *new*

What Blue *new*

Tired as Fuck *new*

In a World Possessed by the Human Mind *new*

Something On

Poets

Bobcaygeon

Fireworks

Family Band

The Lonely End of the Rink

Yer Not the Ocean

In View

The Last of the Unplucked Gems

The Luxury

Little Bones

Long Time Running

Twist My Arm

Eldorado

Wheat Kings

At the Hundredth Meridian

Gift Shop

Ahead by a Century

What's your thoughts on the setlist? The Hip always change it up every show, this one was very mild/soft. Filled with alot of new songs & B-side tracks from older albums. This tour is definitely dedicated to the hardcore fans.

Not sure if you caught on but it was basically 4 songs per album.  I believe they are going to play their entire catalog during this tour.  I was able to watch this live via periscope (will likely do the same tonight)  The band was great.  Sad to see Gord mess up Bobcaygeon and he looked so sad after doing so.    Luxury played for the first time since Buffalo 2000.   If you are going to one of these shows you are lucky. The sets will be golden

I was able to watch this live via periscope (will likely do the same tonight)  The band was great.  Sad to see Gord mess up Bobcaygeon and he looked so sad after doing so.    Luxury played for the first time since Buffalo 2000.   If you are going to one of these shows you are lucky. The sets will be golden

Do you have a link for this, or was the link inactivated after the live concert in Victoria was finished?

Guest Idioteque

Twist My Arm

Three Pistols

The Luxury

Little Bones

Machine

Tired as Fuck

What Blue

In a World Possessed by the Human Mind

At Transformation

Man Machine Poem

The Lookahead

We Want to Be It

Bobcaygeon

Poets

So Hard Done By

Thugs

Grace, Too

Fully Completely

Wheat Kings

Locked in the Trunk of a Car

Opiated

New Orleans Is Sinking

Guest Idioteque

Definitely! I was probably the only one in my section singing the new songs, even the Plan A stuff lol.

Knowing there's basically 4 songs per album, it helps. Especially when it's going into tracks you don't know then it's like "Alright... a few more then it's on to a new album".

You'd think we were in the 90's again, I barely saw ANY cell phones out. A few photos here & there but basically not a screen in sight. It was unreal during the first 4 tracks, everyone was rocking out. Then it kind of felt like it came to a scratching hault for Man Machine Poem & Plan A. Like I said I was rocking out to the new stuff but it's quite noticeable to see the rest of the audience kind of look around, cheer occasionally & do awkward dancing waiting for the hits again. That's the only downside to a concert, when a song is played that the majority of the crowd doesn't know it can hit people's attention span haaard.

A normal album cycle tour, it can be a pain. BUT considering why everyone was there, to watch this final show of one of the greatest bands ever, its worth it. The crowd constantly went nuts when Gord would do something vocally like scream or really give it his all.

Btw did anyone else notice someone threw a beer at Gord during Locked in the Trunk of a Car? The "Let me out" buildup. Who does that? We are all there for Gord & someone wants to hurl an item at him.

The first show didn't have the 4 songs from Now For Plan A so I wasn't quite sure that they would do 4 from that album. I guess deep down I am still hoping their end game is to play every song they have ever put out.  As far as the periscope links. I get them off of http://www.hipbase.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

So far I have been able to catch both shows. Which sucks for me since I am on the East coast

Most variation in a set from the hip and years and I hope Gord is able to hold up the way he has been. Guy is a 100% class act.

The Victoria show  if you notice Gord says "looked up to the lord above and said hey man thanks"  listen to the tone he says it really sarcastically.    The only real mention of his health that I have seen him do on the tour.