gursky

MGB and MG Shirts (three signed)

I am gauging the interest of my MG/B shirt collection. The shirts are either too large, too heavy and won't be worn again any time soon. Several are signed, some have random stains and the others (ie: Hospital Music and Solo Acoustic) are in decent enough condition to be donated.

The attached image is a view of the shirts in question and further details are in the imgur album here https://imgur.com/a/BSRTKWu. 

The imgur album has photos of all the shirts showing front, back, detail of graphic(s), identifying any stains, detail of autographs and t-shirt fabric and sizing label.

The majority of the shirts were purchased at a concert, saw some use and then stored. The majority of the shirts are 15 years old so they can't be claimed as 'like new'.

The shirts are:

• MGB F.C. Strikers, XL, Signed by Ian, Rich, Matt and Dave at Pepsi Taste Tour 1999
  • MGB Liquor and Handguns Tour, XL
  • Avalanche 2004-2005 Tour, XL
  • Avalanche Baseball Long sleeve, L
  • MG Airforce, L, Signed by Matt, Christian, Pat and Rich in Edmonton as part of the WLRRR tour
  • Amnesty Kappa, XL, Signed by Matt in Edmonton as part of the WLRRR tour
  • Amnesty Tank, L
  • Hospital Music, L
  • Solo Acoustic, L

MG Airforce and Amnesty Kappa were never worn but do have imperfections. MG Airforce has residue from double sided velcro used in a shadow box. Amnesty Kappa has a stain on the left collarbone area.

It doesn't feel right asking someone to pay for an old shirt with random stains but I also don't want to see these be put to the curb before seeing if they could go to a home that would appreciate their history.

See something you want? Want the entire lot? Let me know via a post here or PM and we'll sort something out (shipping from Edmonton, Alberta). 

mgb-shirts.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PlasticSoldier said:

man i loved the hard liquor and handguns blue shirt with the gunman from strange days single. got ripped in high school 😞

always wanted to replace that one

If you're good with how this one looks and the XL size it's yours!

• Upvote 1

Whats the front of the hard liquor and handgrenades one look like. I remember there being a MGB shirt with the Strange Days guy I always wanted but never knew what the shirt was called. XL would be too big for me but would be interested to at least know what the shirt is called for future reference/searches

13 hours ago, PlasticSoldier said:

yeah, looks all good to me, and surprised you have XL shirts haha

Aces! I'll message you separately and work out the hand off. As for sizing, I don't know why I bought so many XL's. Maybe I was looking for a bargain and wanted to get more shirt for the same cost?

10 hours ago, PlasticSoldier said:

Sean's link works if you remove the period that got linked in https://imgur.com/a/BSRTKWu

Yup, sorry about the link mistake. Unfortunately I can't edit the original post to fix the URL but that gallery should have more details @adam_777.

12 hours ago, gursky said:

Aces! I'll message you separately and work out the hand off. As for sizing, I don't know why I bought so many XL's. Maybe I was looking for a bargain and wanted to get more shirt for the same cost?

Yup, sorry about the link mistake. Unfortunately I can't edit the original post to fix the URL but that gallery should have more details @adam_777.

Thanks for the gallery, thats definitely the shirt Ive been on the hunt for. Glad to now have the proper name for it. Was this from the 2000 tour? 

12 hours ago, adam_777 said:

Thanks for the gallery, thats definitely the shirt Ive been on the hunt for. Glad to now have the proper name for it. Was this from the 2000 tour? 

I checked the ticket stubs and had no MGB shows in 2000 so feel like this came from the June 30, 2001 date in Edmonton as part of "Bearfest". 

Colour me jealous of all you who got to see shows on that last MGB tour, one of my holy grails is a quality recording from that tour, we have Maple, but it's missing a chunk of the set and the quality isn't great, but it seems like the tension in the band at the time produced some really intense shows.  

38 minutes ago, sharon said:

It's hard liquor and handguns. haha. I like your name better.

HA! I was listening to The Rat Who Would Be King earlier and must have gotten the damn grenade with names scratched on the side stuck in my brain.  

51 minutes ago, PlasticSoldier said:

I had that one and I still have a white one I bought at the show in Grande Prairie together. the white one has the "XXX Hard Liquor & Handguns Revolution 2001" on it with "I Survived the Revolution" on the back so I feel it's part of that era.

Yeah that would make sense for sure! Having missed out on those eras I am always trying to scrape together what little info I can and sometimes it can be hard to pinpoint timelines for certain things in the MG world, so I appreciate the clarification on that! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, sharon said:

Sean, are you giving the hard liquor and handguns tour shirt to PlasticSoldier or adam777? If no one claims it, I would be glad to take it off your hands. 

Alas, @PlasticSoldier will be receiving that shirt. 

The majority of the other shirts have been spoken for offline with the following still available: 

• Hospital Music, L
  • Solo Acoustic, L

I will update the imgur album to indicate which ones are still available.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.