{Rebelle}

While I Was Down Under...

I just got back from 4 months in Australia... Beautiful land down under! Last I checked MG had his weblog, his site, a tour, etc. Now it all dissapeared and from reading previous posts I can't really understand what happened... Can someone tell me?

There's several threads on this if you need more info.

But basically, he got pissed off with people's stupid comments and emails. He took the comments section away for a bit, then put it back. This happened 5 or 6 times. Then he got in a fight with some people on The Metro and they harassed him at home or something so he took down the site and decided to take a break and go to Europe.

Something like that anyway.

Ok.. sucks. Geez... I'd get mad too if people phoned me at home and everything.. I'm glad he's taking a break if he feels that's best for him. I can understand.. Just like I did going for 4 months to Oz.. It was really what I needed.

And I saw other threads about this but it was long and hard to make sense of not knowing the full story, so thanks.

There's several threads on this if you need more info.

But basically, he got pissed off with people's stupid comments and emails. He took the comments section away for a bit, then put it back. This happened 5 or 6 times. Then he got in a fight with some people on The Metro and they harassed him at home or something so he took down the site and decided to take a break and go to Europe.

Something like that anyway.

I'm pretty sure it was only one member from the metro

From what I heard it sounded like Matt was in some sort of debate on The Metro and everyone there ganged up on him. Although it was a debate, but it seemed like some of them just started doing stuff to piss him off.

As far as the harrasment thing, I'm not sure if it was one person or not. That part was kind of vague. And I've never been a part of the Metro so this is just what I got out of the other posts.

From what I heard it sounded like Matt was in some sort of debate on The Metro and everyone there ganged up on him. Although it was a debate, but it seemed like some of them just started doing stuff to piss him off.

As far as the harrasment thing, I'm not sure if it was one person or not. That part was kind of vague. And I've never been a part of the Metro so this is just what I got out of the other posts.

not quite. the reason the metro closed was because tay tay didn't want to be associated with a small number (most likely one) of posters who posted on the mblog and caused shit. also, tay was not pleased that someone called matt and harassed him over the phone.

when matt did post on the metro he was usually greeted with disdain, as he usually had very little patience or respect for the general population of the board. he would post his little speech, piss some people off, tell them how little they mattered and he would leave stating he would never be back.

Ok, I think I know enough now! I don't want another fight to start about what happened! :angry:

Thanks for explaining and giving your point of view on what happened.

Now... Let's talk about something else!

Who has been to Australia? ;)

What in your world has changed the most in the last 4 months? For the better or worse?

Edited by {Rebelle}

Didnt MG delay the Europe vacation trip because of an illness? But what illness was it? And also, since MG shut the MG blog down, because of all the threats he recived from people, do you still think MG will make another record and continue? Also, isn't it true that MG said he was going to stop making music before he made "Avalanche", then his wife Jenni convinced him to continue his music process and make another record? Is it also true that after the "Matthew Good Band" broke up, MG wasn't going to write music anymore? Personaly, i think thats wrong because he did decide to create a side project and keep wrighting, so it sounds like if he decided to stop writing music, then he wouldn't have created the side project.

Edited by mikec

Didnt MG delay the Europe vacation trip because of an illness? But what illness was it? And also, since MG shut the MG blog down, because of all the threats he recived from people, do you still think MG will make another record and continue? Also, isn't it true that MG said he was going to stop making music before he made "Avalanche", then his wife Jenni convinced him to continue his music process and make another record? Is it also true that after the "Matthew Good Band" broke up, MG wasn't going to write music anymore? Personaly, i think thats wrong because he did decide to create a side project and keep wrighting, so it sounds like if he decided to stop writing music, then he wouldn't have created the side project.

Yes.

Don't remember. Bad flu or throat or something.

Yes.

Yes.

No. He made 2 more albums.

Probably.

Its the same shit with Matt (and yes i enjoy his music a lot), if he doesn't agree with what someone says and he starts going on a rampage calling people idiots and such.

I think thats the reason why a lot of people have had various debates with him (circa Metro). Yes, there have been idiots who've started shit with him to be dickheads. But in the end, Matt does bring a good chunk of it on to himself.

Maybe he should think and wonder sometimes, these are the people who have made me famous.