Guest some guy

Matthew Good Quotes?

both of these are from the manifestos

"Tomorrow is the cause of today's nothing. The promises of tomorrow reduce the chances of today"

"My mother always used to go on about the virtues of finishing what you've started and seeing things through, but I canned it [jogging] this morning and decided to pack it in. As I stepped out my front door, my ridiculous trainers gleaming in the sun, it dawned on me that my mother's advice was crap. Anything that can be equally applied to genocide and cross training can't be good"

oh, so many. first thing i loved about the matthew good band was the lead singer's ability to put words next to each other.

from manifestos:

"You will be dead much longer than you will be alive. This is the truth of things. Better get used to the idea. The lives of men and women, cats and dogs, birds and fish are merely hiccups in an endlessness that will never be fully realized by anyone. You are here now and will be gone in some years, months, perhaps even days or hours. The execution of this plan will never change, even though you will do your best to convince yourself otherwise. You merely feed off the scraps of words and wares consolidated by those that came before you. You are a thing void of structural integrity. Like anything built or born, you will eventually succumb to either the weight of the world or the weight of walking it. This is the only thing you ever need come to terms with. That eventually you will be lost. They will lose you. You will be forgotten and never heard from again. And no one will ever know the story that was your life. You will be dead much longer than you will be alive, to boot."

"life is like bread. it's great at first and as time passes it gets harder."

"the future is time's true face. because like time itself, it remains undetermined and wholly represented by nothing more than a word and the unshakable fact that it's lying in wait, spiced with rumor."

"life would be like a tom robbins novel on uppers and everyone could stop pretending they have somewhere to go. i don't have anywhere to go. there, i said it. not one single goddamn place. my name's matt and i have nowhere to go. though, come to think of it, water slides would be alright. either that or six flags. roller coasters, above all things, are my greatest love. but, rather ironically, they don't really go anywhere either."

and, finally, this is one of my favorites:

"sometimes you don't sleep right. sometimes you pace around battling three hour long panic attacks trying to calm yourself down. you talk to yourself in that little voice of yours, cracking jokes, making it seem silly. everything gets blury and eventually your hands stop wringing because they hurt, you've just noticed. you collapse on o the couch and sit there, inhaling and exhaling. the most primary of functions. and then you fall asleep. tomorrow night you get to do it all over again. the funny thing is, you don't know why it happens. you've never been able to tfigure that out. it just does. and it continues to. from your childhood, when you used to sleep walk and then start screaming so uncontrollably that they put you on medication, to yesterday which was just another link in the chain. thei night brings you things to say that are all part of a big inside joke, our destruction, your creation, the people that fit together inside you like a puzzle to make up your memory. it's the day to day business of making sure that there's amess to clean up and then another mess to take it's place. so you come to like it. it begins to make sense. maybe it always did. and from that comes all that defines you in a deal-with-the-devil package. maybe not so good. maybe good enought to be passable. years later you can't remember when you had a choice in the matter. you just do. and are."

Edited by josiegross