they played one song off of Your Favorite Weapon. it sucked and I sat down. they played a lot of REALLY good songs. some of which (Okay, i believe you but my tommy gun don't) were a lot louder and harder than on the CD which I was unhappy about. they also played Play Crack the Sky which kicked ass! they started off their set with Tautou and kicked in right into Sic Transit Gloria. they also played Jesus (christ), Degausser, Sowing Season. Limousine, Not The Sun, The Archers Bows Have Broken, Jaws Theme Swimming, and I Will Play My game Beneath the Spin Light (and I think maybe Luca but I'm not sure) the set ended with a HUGE jam session including Brand new and the opening act (who had around 10 or 12 members) and then the singer from brand new just started tearing the drum set apart. it was pretty intense.

7/10

(also, I didn't type this last night because i was BALLS tired!)

oh, very much so. the opening act felt kind of out of place. a lot of people seemed to dislike them. I think they were good but don't belong at a "rock" show.

out of curiosity Beth, when you saw Brand New, did Jesse say something along the lines of "this is by far, our favorite crowd (in this area) that we've played in front of"?

1) the more I think about it, the more I wish they had played "Good To Know If I Ever Need Attention All I Have To do Is Die" and "The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows"

2)there wasn't a story before Play crack The Sky, but the song had another acoustic song directly before it which may or may not have been a new intro to PCTS.

3) I know all rock stars say that they love they city they were in, I was just curious. Winnipeg has a reputation for making a small crowd sound like a huge crowd because of how loud we are.

4) the opening act was Anathallo. they've been on the road with Brand New for about 6 or 7 shows apparently. Like I said, I kinda liked them but they didn't belong as the opening act at a rock show. they had some good intensity though. I think they would've fit in better at the Winnipeg Folk Festival

Edited by Hyphnip