Guest jsunC

Any Of You Guys Hear Dane Cook

Guest jsunC

Heh, just wondering if anyone else has heard of dane cook. If not i suggest downloading a couple of his skits, he's hilarious.

Ouch.

He actually is pretty funny. I didn't want to like his stuff because of all the hype behind him, but he is funny. The bit about the Kool-Aid man cracks me up every time.

Guest jsunC

type in dane cook on limewire (or whatever you use to illegally download items) and download a full disc, for ex:

Dane Cook - Retaliation (Disc 1)

ASDLJH:LSAJDKSAMD0.

The only comedians who should be given as much credit as Dane Cook should be smart, and often angry comedians. He can be very funny, but there's not much special about him. I thought he was funny a few years ago, but now that he's all the rage with the same material, not so funny. I also find him a little to close to that funny/annoying line.

Guest apsham

So basically, you still think that he's funny but since other people like it, well thumbs down?

Dane is my second favorite standup guy, behind Lewis Black who is the excellence in angry and smart standup which I like. Dane Cook is first in anything else, but he's just not the angry type on stage. He's better to listen to when I am feeling bad and want to feel better.

No, it's not that he's popular so I don't like him, it's that he has become popular without really changing is act much, and now that I'm not 15, I realize he was pretty idiotic all along. But idiotic can still be funny. And so, while I still think he can be funny, he isn't deserving of the attention he seems to be getting. I think the fact that he's a good lookin' guy has a little too much to do with his popularity. There, I said it. Once again, funny, but not particularly smart humour, and once i realized this I started to like him a lot less. So maybe I'm just a little upset with myself for liking it in the first place. Or maybe I'm just really bored and typing for no good reason anymore. Go fuck yourselves.

"Go back to bed, America. Your government has figured out how it all transpired. Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control again. Here. Here's American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up. Go back to bed, America. Here is American Gladiators. Here is 56 channels of it! Watch these pituitary retards bang their fucking skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom. Here you go, America! You are free to do what we tell you! You are free to do what we tell you!"

Or, do be fair size wise, "I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I recommend you look around the world in which we live, and... I don't know, shut your fucking mouth?"

Bill Hicks, proof that you don't have to compromise intelligence to be funny. The desire to be a snake is not a good joke, however humourously delivered.

Dane Cook is pretty overrated. What is worse is when people do impressions of him, it's almost as tired as when people do Austin Powers impressions.

Guest jsunC
I was reading his Wikiquote page and I defy someone to find me a quote on there that stands alone as a funny quote. His humour is dependant entirely on silly and uncommon combinations of words and his delivery of them.

Yeh i completely agree. But still, i find it hilarious.

"Some sounds, when they hit you, they just make you want to punch a baby? God help you if you're in a nursery! You'll go on a baby-punching tangent! GOD HELP ME! IT'S THE SOUND THAT MAKES ME PUNCH INFANTS"

I guess if you've never heard him say that you wouldn't find that funny at all.

Also, bill hicks is hilarious