jtb

Leaving On A Jet Plane

So this friday, I'm done my job as a technical support agent. I talk to the general public about their computer issues. Now I was trying to see if there was anything humourous I could maybe tell or do to my customer base...

Any Ideas?

tell them that before they ask their question or whatever, that if they take part in a quick survey, they'll a) help to improve the company and b) be placed on a priority list in which all their future calls will always be answered first. by taking part in the survey they become "VIP". then of course, make the questions totally stupid, but still somewhat pertaining to the subject and ask lots of them so it takes up a long time.

or..

say 'can you hold for a moment' every so often, then hum or sing into the phone as if they're listening to 'hold' music.

HAHA, the survey part sounds like a good one..

it would probably, work just mainly because a lot of these people have no clue as to what exactly is going on.. but with there system and in the world around them.

then you could pipe in with a really 'official sounding voice' and say something like "thank you for holding. we appreciate your business. did you know that by pressing the pound key and repeating your home address three times within 15 seconds you'll be placed at the front of the line for future calls?" then go back to humming or singing.

now i want to get a job in a call centre just to try this.

HAHAHA, that's awesome.. The guy I'm talking to right now, is whistling in my ear.. it's starting to piss me off a bit.. thinking about returning the favor.

and his email doesn't work.. boo hoo hoo... the only thing is our remote desktop connection with this dude doesn't work.. so this is goign to be a big pain in the ass.. I can feel the headache coming.

Edit: Ahhhh good ol Shift + Delete, prevails headache going away.

Edited by jtb

The people I usually pick up the phone and say "Thank goodness your not in India"

I think I'm going to start replying I am in India and I resent those comments towards my people.

Where is the plane going?

The plane is going to hopefully a less stressful job. and more stable hours of work.

EDIT: And Colin.. it's not a big surprise that you only got North America once yesterday.. mainly becuase a vast majority of the tech support has been out sourced.

Edited by jtb

The plane is going to hopefully a less stressful job. and more stable hours of work.

EDIT: And Colin.. it's not a big surprise that you only got North America once yesterday.. mainly becuase a vast majority of the tech support has been out sourced.

No hopefully about it, I highly HIGHLY doubt it'll be even close to being as stressful as talking to morons all day and hours are dramatically more stable.

I'm gratefull I never have to call Dell.

It's a good thing your not running Dell then.. Everyone would have probably been fired, except for the few who sold their soul to sell crap to people who are more, then likely so far in debt they are never going to pay it off in their life time.

So far today has been more BS, like usual. Your average "I bought this $1,500 computer that I know fuck all how to use hehehehe". and because they don't know how to use there investment it's our fault blah blah blah... anyways.. I've been messing around with customer for the morning, one lady was pretty nice, so I helped her out with her issues no charge.. which made her weekend.. I guess we can all feel like a super hero sometimes ;)

on another note, guess I'm glad I'm getting out when I am

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/s...3610de8&k=61859

more to come later.

Definitely a good time to escape

Yeah I would have to agree.

I was just talking to a friend of mine who's still working there, and he just let me know how little staff is actually left. A lot of the original people I started with are gone, which is sad.

I guess it's all in the plan to try and save 3 billion a year. I know they were also looking at automation of a lot of there technical support, trying to "nip it in the bud", before the issues happened, and then outsource what ever else couldn't be fixed.

I guess in the end everyone is just a dollar sign on a report.

Here's a link to the news article out of Dallas, where the project was piloted.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...ce.3962716.html