MissEmily

Barenaked Ladies Appreciation Thread

I have some personal news for you all, related directly to BNL...I have decided to participate in one of the greatest acts I could as a music geek.

I've booked my spot on this.

I was all prepared to give it a pass over for yet another year, but when I heard they got Sloan, there was no way around it, I had to go. So I am. ;)

Bonus I'm going to see Mexico.

Emily, you're so lucky :angry: I've wanted to participate in Ships and Dip since it started. And now that Great Big Sea joins them, it seems so wrong that I'm not there.

That's what I thought last year when they got GBS for the first time, but because it only brought list of groups I really love to two, I thought it just wouldn't be worth my money - especially since I generally rather spend my money to get from point a to point b in the next European country I'm going to choose by map and dart board. But then they had to go and add Sloan - a band I hold in the same "hero" status as BNL...which means, I'm going to be stuck on a boat for a week with heroes. Not to mention, with the rest of the line up they're taking with them (The Weakerthans, the New Odds, etc), it's almost starting to feel like I'm going on a floating Canadian summer concert festival...only in February and some 2000 miles from Canada.

So I'm going to swallow my pride, play tacky tourist* for a week, and actually see what the fuss is all about when it comes to cruises - all in the name of music, and the idea that the traveler* bonus for me is that I'm getting myself into a position to see Mexico and the Caribbean.

(*Tourist = someone who brings America in a suitcase and expects to see a McDonald on every corner. Traveler = someone who brings a passport in a backpack and has the ability make tourists cringe in jealousy/disgust when telling the grimy details of their latest "adventure" and is damn proud to do so. :angry: ;) :angry:)